• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

issues with Sid Meirs Civil War games on XP?
02-13-2007, 06:36 AM,
issues with Sid Meirs Civil War games on XP?
I have loaded 3 different Sid Meirs Civil War games made by Sierra to computer with XP. Is there any patchs to make them run on a XP machine and web site link?
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2007, 06:59 AM,
RE: issues with Sid Meirs Civil War games on XP?
I sent you a web site that has the patch.

Good Luck
Thunder
Ladder Custodian
03-04-2007, 08:53 AM,
Could you forward the same info to me please? Thanks.
03-05-2007, 12:23 AM,
Please send me an email that I can reply to and I will get it to you right away.

Thanks
Thunder
03-05-2007, 01:15 AM,
Thunder, I've found the XP patch at the Firaxis website but now I have a more perplexing problem.

When I try to install Sid Meier's Gettysburg on my XP machine I get the following error message:

"autolee.exe-entry point not found. The procedure entry point UnMapLS could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL.32.dll."

This occurs whether I let the cd auto-run or try to access the cd manually through My Computer.

It only happens with this game. I can install other Win 95 games (including other Firaxis games) with no problems. I would think if something was wrong with KERNEL.32.dll it would show up when trying to install these games also.
03-05-2007, 02:06 AM,
WOW, now you are beyond my knowledge since what you tried has not worked. I woudl recommend posting on the technical issues site and hope a computer guru knows an answer....

Good Luck

Thunder
03-05-2007, 02:59 AM,
I solved the problem by using ...start/run/cmd, then changed directories to the cd drive and ran the setup.exe from there. Works great now! Lot of monkey business for XP. I can imagine what Vista will do to our old favorites.