• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

wire briged
02-12-2007, 09:52 AM,
wire briged
Hi i am playing the crisis of the sedan on the france 40 game, there are some bridge that are wired but how coukd i blow those briged without and engineer unit nearby.

I would like to blow those bridge before the germas could use them
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2007, 09:58 AM,
RE: wire briged
Send this user an email
02-12-2007, 10:01 AM,
Check the manual, when bridges are Wired you do not need an engineer to destroy the bridge. When an enemy unit moves adjacent to the bridge a test is done automatically and the bridge may be blown, or not sometimes, depending on your luck.

//Engelbrekt
02-14-2007, 02:09 AM,
yep i checked the manual now it is clear thanks guys!
02-14-2007, 02:13 PM,
RE:��wire briged
redbear415 (FGM) Wrote:yep i checked the manual now it is clear thanks guys!

FWIW, this was added with MG44 when Wired Bridges were added and I didn't know or understand that IF wired than you could't manually blow the Bridge.

John wanted to go with this EITHER \ OR type of model because he felts gamey tactics would develop otherwise and the Germans would know down or have more chance to go knock down all the key bridges.

....we've just carried that functionalty forward into other games. We've seen more than a few BTL files where manually blown bridges in Sicily have gone way beyond what we thought at the design phase. If I had my time back I woul dhave used Wired Bridges there to prevent that.

That isn't to say what you were thinkig of doing or wanting to do was excessive blowing of Bridges, but it perhaps explains the bigger picture and why it might seem odd on the surface, it might be for the great good of all if you follow the reasoning.

Glenn
Send this user an email