• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Could the Japanese have invaded the US?
02-12-2007, 10:22 AM,
RE: Could the Japanese have invaded the US?
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2007, 04:37 AM,
My grandfather was in his early teens and lived on Vancouver Island in the midst of a Japanese logging operation during the war. Now mind you that alot if not most of what was said would be rumour ect., but his mother had talked to the family about conversations by Japanese workers about landings on the Island at different points and several drills that occured by some workers in the camps. Apparently not all the Japanese in the area were for the cooperation with Japanese forces, but a majority were. My grandfather's family ran a small outfitting store and supplied the logging operation throughout the war with materials. At the time this part of the Island was very sparsely settled.
02-23-2007, 04:43 PM,
"Hell.. half of Chicago owned Thompson SMGs..
My grandfather left us with a 30 gun collection when he passed on... I'm still using his shotgun for hunting to this day."

Hey, half of Chicago is still armed with automatic weapons. von ege :smg:

02-25-2007, 03:54 AM,
In order to see if possible a small Janapnese force could occupy west coast cities and ports for short time. Ok anyone have info on how many infantry and armoured divisions the US Army and Army Air Force and type of air units had and how many Marine Divisions we had and reserve and National Guard Units we had and locations around the world on 12/07/1941? Also, what was the population of California , Oregon, and Washington and major cities in those states include Vancouver Canada and Candadian/U.K. forces including naval there and location bases of our naval Units. Including how many Army, Marine, Navy and Naval Air units down to smallest size unit, Army Air force and types units were on west Coast of Panama canal? As I recall just to defend LA from air raids all our flak units had to moved to LA after 12/07/1941. What forces land sea and air did the Japanese have available to deploy in Pacific?
02-27-2007, 02:09 AM,
This topic reminds me of one of my favorite "cold-war" movies...Red Dawn. Have to put that one on NetFlix.

Wolverines!!!