• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is this accepted practise?
02-09-2007, 08:07 AM,
RE: Is this accepted practise?
Thanks, Herr Kommandant for clearing that one up!!

There are a couple of other issues -if we collectively insisted on playing every scen blind, no individual would be ethically permitted to play any scen more than once, nor indeed would one be permitted to play H2H a scen which one had played against the AI. Reductio ad absurdum!!

This is largely an expansion of Huib's point - we are in some sense engaged in a multi dimensional chess game -to expect we can hide the initial board setup is illusory .

Cheers
KKR
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2007, 08:12 AM,
And a point I forgot -old age, I guess

In a play blind regime , the quite common practice of back-to-back mirror games would be political incorrectness in the most extreme form!!!

Not my thing, but some blokes like it.

Cheers
KKR
02-09-2007, 11:05 AM,
Has anyone ever tried to 'build' a scenario, using points co-operatively? Me and a member here, many, many years ago did a RS one we built, I thought it was rather fun! Not so much historical, although you could do that too, but it was fun to assemble your forces, a third person to deploy them according to certain ground rules by players 1&2 would be better yet, but, we just didn't look at the other players forces, or setup. Kinda hard using the oob editor to not look, you see, but just don't dealve, you only ruin the surprise for yourself, after all if you do!!

Mike