• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Compass '40 expansion updated (for E42)
02-09-2007, 03:48 PM,
RE: Compass '40 expansion updated (for E42)
Not a problem. :)
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM,
This is amazing, a year ago i twice posted about this Mod and got no response, now we have too many players! :)

Kuriltai, i have not started my Compass CG yet as my opponent has some problems at his end, i can ask to see if we can sort out a muliplayer game if you like? :cool:

Regards,
Darran.
02-09-2007, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2007, 06:02 PM by Kuriltai.)
That sounds good.Run it by him and see if its ok.My turn rate is erratic,but around 2-3 per week if its a reasonable sized force.
If this is no good or if you decide to go it alone,its still No problem. ;)

Kuriltai
02-11-2007, 10:12 AM,
Gentlemen
I have played this sce as the British, provided you retreat correctly it is totally one sided in favour of the British. It is extremly difficult and slow for the Italian. Having said this warning its terriffic the dedicated effort that some of you guys put in to create new battles for us all.
Barbarrossa:hissy:
Barbarrossa
02-11-2007, 11:11 AM,
Was that against a human opponent or the AI? I don't see any result logged at the scenario depot.
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM,
I played it versus a human opponent but not on the blitz but the panzer club. The Italians advance so slowly they cannot get to grips with the British yet if they go into transport mode are devasted by the british artillery or/ and airforce. The British must not allow themselves to be surrounded and have to retreat in good time but constantly inflict losses on the Italians
Barbarrossa
02-11-2007, 09:23 PM,
Ok thanks for that I must admit i was worried about the interdiction, I am teamed up with Volcano so it will be intresting to see if we fair any better, problem is our opponent is VERY good! Cry
02-12-2007, 12:50 PM,
Yes, indeed. Of course it is intentional to make it (Graziani) historically accurate and one sided for the British, but the trick is tweaking the VP levels in such a way that a historical result should be possible with the result being most likely a draw. Oh well, we will see how it goes...
Send this user an email
02-12-2007, 02:55 PM,
Barbarrossa
02-13-2007, 01:21 AM,
Thanks.

All I can say in regards to K43_Alt is, get with Marquo as he managed to bring my advance to a stand still when playing as the Russians (South Battle), so as far as I am concerned it is balanced. The problem is that the McNamara based db is not forgiving so one mistake (or a series of mistakes) can be severely punished but I prefer that rather than a stagnated battle of attrition. A sharp and quick tank clash can decide the course of the battle in a given area for many turns to come.

Kursk '43 is a delicate balance. The Germans must outclass the Russians in the sense that they need to be able to reach the high water mark before losing steam. Make the Russians too powerful and they do not get close, and make the Russians too weak and they go too far. I think (from what I have played), that the balance is such that for several days after the initial attack there is a crisis on the Russian side to contain the advance. Depending on what the Russian player does will effect the entire battle to the point that the reserves can be committed and the German spearhead can be blunted. Lets not forget too that almost all the German tank forces are removed from the northern attack later in the campaign.

I have noticed over the past months of H2H testing that the McNamara based db has the ability of taking the same exact scenario and thowing in different players and you will get wildly different results. I think that is a good thing but it makes it difficult to "balance" because a lot depends on the ability of a player. Now I do not pretend to be an expert on the East Front titles as I mostly play North Africa / West Front titles. But I must be very weary of making any changes to K43 so as not to upset the German chance of victory.
Send this user an email