• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Replacements
02-09-2007, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2007, 04:10 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Replacements
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2007, 04:35 AM,
RE:��Replacements
Send this user an email
02-09-2007, 05:08 AM,
One other thing to clarify, assuming the way replacements work is as noted by Tortue. I am sure that normal loss recovery is a percentage of the amount below full strength. On the other hand replacements work as a percentage of FULL STRENGTH with losses not playing a role. So replacements are a steady stream, and should be consistent from turn to turn, while the old loss recovery is much higher when a unit is very weak and nearly non-existent when closer to full strength.

Also, ignoring quality impacts on the loss recovery, a 1% replacement rate will always add more strength to a unit than a 1% recovery rate, although they will approach each other when the unit is nearly destroyed.

This would have a major impact on assigning replacement rates, as even at 1%, with 1% for recovery, a unit at 20% full strength that is resting and qualifies would recover its full strength in 58 turns, while a unit without replacements but a 3% loss recovery would be at 86% at the same point, and only 55% with a 1% recovery rate per turn. Doubling the replacement rate to 2% would halve the time to return to full strength, never being longer than about 40 turns.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-09-2007, 07:03 AM,
RE:��Replacements
Good and useful analysis Rick. Thanks.
Ricky B Wrote:This would have a major impact on assigning replacement rates, as even at 1%, with 1% for recovery, a unit at 20% full strength that is resting and qualifies would recover its full strength in 58 turns
So that's about 6 days, which sounds entirely reasonable for a unit that badly devastated.
02-09-2007, 07:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2007, 07:35 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
02-09-2007, 07:56 AM,
I am just glad you mentioned it or I never would have realized it was based on full strength, making it so powerful! Even 3% is probably too high for most situations outside of pure tank/vehicle units in certain situations, as that would rebuild even the most reduced units in no more than 3 days, which I guess could happen, especially for a Russian unit in the dark days of Rzhev when the rear area guys got put into battle, but the unit wouldn't have any cohesion and would fight like a weaker unit.

Good information! Thanks everyone, you especially Ed.
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]