• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sicily 1943 completed.
02-09-2007, 04:57 AM,
RE: Sicily 1943 completed.
USS Wyoming Wrote:The shame of this is that I really am trying. I need to get some more games in, maybe about a thousand.

I shall begin my wartime memoirs with, "Tactics,...tactics? We don't need no stink'in tactics. Quick everybody, to the Maginot line."

I would suggest playing very good players who have lots of games under their belts. Pick their brains, and ask tons of questions. I would suggest that in 5 games your playing ability would turn around. I am coaching one person right now, and this is our fifth game. Well let me tell you, totally different in this game then game one.

The Last Post medal is to recognize players that may not win, but continue to fight the good fight and not give in. It isn't a slander on your playing ability.

Heck, check out Alby's medals, he is the first and only recipient of the WOODEN CROSS for 100 losses with a score of less then 50%.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2007, 06:14 AM,
I have played Alby and find him a great player. The game we played was great. Good attack by him, counter-attack by me and to win back ground he counter-attaked again. It ended in a draw but i still remember that game. panthers and Tigers facing off againt T-34's and ruskie tank killers.:smg: The good games you remember!!

So in summary its like my favourite basketball team. They come close but sometimes it just aint enough. I am a bit the same sometimes. I go through long periods wher i don't win. But enjoy the games never the less.

marcus
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
02-09-2007, 02:18 PM,
Weasel,

Thanks for running the tourney! It was alot of fun. And very balanced. I look forward to your next one.

Jad
02-09-2007, 10:06 PM,
Big Thanx Chris,

for this great tournament and my first medal! :))
02-10-2007, 02:52 AM,
New member here interested in the Vietnam tourney. I'll be watching for info.
02-13-2007, 11:18 AM,
RE:��Sicily 1943 completed.
02-13-2007, 12:58 PM,
junk2drive Wrote:New member here interested in the Vietnam tourney. I'll be watching for info.

Welcome to the club. Pick yourself a pigeon ('er opponent) and get 'er done!Big Grin
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha