• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Really bad film...
06-03-2007, 08:35 PM,
RE: Really bad film...
@ Gasbag: Was dissapointed form Tigerland.

@Havoc: I watched some Band Of Brothers yesterday and wonder that the vehicles there (tanks especially) look very real... any info
how they did this or did they use even some real tanks out of museums or so?

I mean most newer flims have not really good historicall equipment etc. ? Can you recommend more movies with good real looking tanks etc. ??
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2007, 12:30 AM,
There us a company that builds these things for movies, etc.. They explained it in either a special or on a bonus disk. Same deal for Saving Private Ryan.
Send this user an email
06-04-2007, 01:42 AM,
Another worst film candidate
Tobruk with Rock Hudson and George Peppard
my God what a shoddy flick, I loved the German Panzers (Courtesy of the 40th US armored division) that looked just like M41 Walker Bulldogs..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-04-2007, 01:15 PM,
RE:��Really bad film...
alpha Wrote:@Havoc: I watched some Band Of Brothers yesterday and wonder that the vehicles there (tanks especially) look very real... any info
how they did this or did they use even some real tanks out of museums or so?

I mean most newer flims have not really good historicall equipment etc. ? Can you recommend more movies with good real looking tanks etc. ??

"A Bridge Too Far" did pretty good with their equipment and it was a very good movie. The movie "Kelly's Hero's" with Clint Eastwood used authentic looking equipment, but purely an entertainment (nonhistorical) movie only.
06-06-2007, 12:12 AM,
"The Big Red One" was not exactly spot on for accuracy of equipment. The Tigers and Panthers shown in the movie are actually Shermans. You would think they would have done a better job considering it was made in the 1980s. The movie is not that bad though, and worth an evening's entertainment.
06-06-2007, 05:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2007, 05:05 AM by Gasbag.)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
06-06-2007, 04:53 PM,
Bad 18th century film...
...Talked with old girlfriend tonight, and interrupted her enjoyment of Mel Gibson's "The Patriot." Is there any more fractured history, when the real story would be better?
...I appreciate "Tobruk" for the music, plot, plucky Brits and Gay-Rock.
06-07-2007, 12:55 AM,
RE: Bad 18th century film...
"...I appreciate "Tobruk" for the music, plot, plucky Brits and Gay-Rock."

What's Gay-Rock? von ege :cool2:
06-07-2007, 01:59 AM,
RE:��Really bad film...
Gasbag Wrote:The Battle of The Bulge would rank very highly on my list of really :censored: war movies. It was chock full of historical inaccuracies.

What! Inaccurate! :hissy: You mean the Battle of the Bulge wasn't really fought in the desert? I am crushed. :whis:
06-07-2007, 04:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2007, 04:25 AM by Gasbag.)
I believe he's referring to the late Rock Hudson.

"The Patriot" was pretty constipating.:eek1: I rented it several years ago & I'm still not regular.:grin2: Thank you Mel Gibson.:thumbs_down:

I'm suprised nobody's put "Das Boot" in their list of best/favourite war films. That was the 1st war movie that I saw where you were actually sympathetic towards the Germans (the crew). Every so often I put my Director's Cut copy in & watch it (in the original German without the subtitles). Even though I can't speak the language it's still easy to figure out what they're saying. Somebody mentioned (in another thread) that the actor who played the LI recently passed away from cancer.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe