• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Really bad film...
05-09-2007, 12:39 AM,
RE: Really bad film...
Yes I agree... very good film considering it was set in a couple of rooms.

It was based on the meeting on 12th January 1942 at Wandsee where 15 Nazi officials discussed the 'Jewish' problem. I thought it was quite chilling the way they casually discussed methods of extermination and the relative merits of different gases.

Im sure it actually won a few awards too.

Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM,
Here's a fourth thumb up for Conspiracy. Chilling, and very real. Anyone who's been around the block a few times in business will recognize the cast of characters. Guys in a room (many of whom don't appear to much like each other), battling over resources and ideas in taking on a particularly thorny problem. Repeated all the time, in business, politics, large families... hell, in multi-player wargames. It's all about getting the job done.

The chill comes of course knowing that "the job" in this case is getting rid a few million unwanted people, and knowing how it turns out.
05-22-2007, 12:20 AM,
The all time worst war movie may be "Gods and Generals." One is supposed to root for the demise of the bad guy, but I eagerly awaited the long delayed death of the face filling the screen General Jackson. (Just thinking about it makes me want to shave off my beard, which isn't fake.) In this "prequel" to "Gettysburg," some of the same actors looked older, not younger, which didnt help.
05-22-2007, 12:22 AM,
The Blue Max...
Regarding the critique of love interest in war films, if that love interest is Ursula Andress I'd say it's permissable.
05-23-2007, 05:25 PM,
I sat through about 1/2 of Gods and Generals & found it so tedious that I just couldn't be bothered with watching the rest.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
05-26-2007, 07:46 AM,
Send this user an email
05-26-2007, 08:16 AM,
I fire up "The Eagle Has Landed" about once a year, gotta love Donald Sutherland's character in that one.
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. - Theodore Roosevelt
05-26-2007, 08:26 AM,
"I fire up "The Eagle Has Landed" about once a year, gotta love Donald Sutherland's character in that one."

I can't remember Sutherland. I saw the film only once, c. 30 years ago in Germany, and Robert Duvall's Luftwaffe Col. with the black prosthetic hand, speaking in German, was too good, too perfect an act to ever forget. von ege Big Grin
05-27-2007, 01:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2007, 02:00 AM by Gasbag.)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
05-31-2007, 03:23 AM,
I'm amazed there's no mention of "Saving Private Ryan" here. Granted it's fictional, but the acting and special effects are outstanding.

I would also recommend the golden oldie "A Bridge Too Far", or "Blackhawk Down".

The HBO serial "Band of Brothers" is worth watching again and again.