• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Would someone please update me?
01-29-2007, 04:13 PM,
Would someone please update me?
I haven't played OAW in quite a few years. I have vol 1 elite edition. How do I update? I remember when I played it, I couldn't even open all the larger scenarios, and needed some special help from TS. They are no longer in business. Any help will be kindly appreciated. von Ege :cool2::conf::conf:
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2007, 04:18 AM,
RE: Would someone please update me?
You can update your old vol 1, that should allow you to load huge scenarios, as long as they were created in vol 1. But you'll be limited to playing people who also have and play vol 1, and you'll always lack all the improvements made in vol II, TWOTY, COW, and TOAW III...in other words, you'll be four generations behind on this outstanding game. I strongly recommend you move up to TOAW III, which can be purchased from Matrix, online. The game engine is better, and the database much improved. It'll also play the older sceanrios, whereas the older games cannot play the new scenarios.

01-30-2007, 05:01 AM,
Thanks for the update! von Ege Big Grin
01-30-2007, 07:11 AM,
I notice further down the board that Dietrich and Hans Dorfman are still playing TOAW I and might be up for a game?
01-30-2007, 10:55 AM,
If von Ege wants to play an OAW 1 scenario whilst he's waiting for his update, i'm game :cool:

Start something up (preferably mediumsized) and send it over :2guns:

Dietrich
01-30-2007, 03:49 PM,
[quote=Dietrich]
If von Ege wants to play an OAW 1 scenario whilst he's waiting for his update, i'm game :cool:

I was hoping the update process would be a bit easier. Is the century of warfare a part of this set up? Stuff like the Balkan wars? von ege :kill:
01-31-2007, 05:17 AM,
TOAW 3 has something like 200 + battles !.

It includes ALL the classics as well as hypothetical battles.

The best part though is that all the battles are subdivided into their own sub sections like Classic TOAW, WWII East Front, WW11 West Front.

Get it Prince, you will not be disappointed !.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-31-2007, 09:40 AM,
And whilst you're waiting for the delivery, you can already have an OAW1-game to get going ;)

Dietrich
02-16-2007, 04:07 PM,
Smile  RE: Would someone please update me?
Hi Dietrich! Thanks to you and everyone else here for your very kind responses, and lighthearted manner. Sometimes the Panzer Campaign forum can get very intense. I'm sorry but I got involved with designing a Waterloo Campaign scenario. The details are on the Napoleonic forum here. I tried to play the stock scenario and dicovered that it was all completely made-up, just guesses, and units, whole army corps, placed anywhere! We had this beautiful map to cover the area of the entire campaign, and I just had to do something; so me and another fellow created an historical campaign scenario. If any of your fellows are interested in Napoleonics, check it out. von ege :P