• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

reloads are putting me off this game
02-08-2007, 03:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2007, 03:44 AM by Antoni Chmielowski .)
RE: reloads are putting me off this game
No names have been mentioned to me (or Currahee) yet.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2007, 09:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM by ralphtrickey.)
The way the security system works is that it records the scenario, the serial number of your game, the serial number of your opponent's game, the turn last played and the date and time you played.

It then does some comparisons, etc. on each load and save and sets a flag in the scenario file.

I've tested it as much as I could, even adding in some test code, and it always seems to work for me. Loading, saving, and reloading don't trigger any errors for me. I'll have to think about this some more, and figure out if there's a way to test it better. If you load and then go into Tesk Manager and kill it without saving, of course it reports it as cheating.

There is no reason to try to play FitE sessions in one go <shudder>

--
Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
--
Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
www.operationalwarfare.com
02-10-2007, 01:27 AM,
Guys when You saw someone is reloading and reloading game, simply surrender and ignore that guy in future games, also send warnings to other player in order to avoid that player.

It would be a kind of silent war against cheaters. In the end cheaters would play all one against other.
02-10-2007, 02:28 AM,
I have purchased TOAW3 as a digital download but only played against the AI so far so i'm unsure what this reload problem is. I take it the reload counter is similar to the PBEM security file that winSPWW2/MBT uses and tells you when something fishy is going on. Does this mean that there is a lot of gameyness going on with TOAW3, similar to the 'recon by reload' in SP?

cheers
02-10-2007, 02:39 AM,
Yes,

I think it works that way Fubar.

Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West