• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Points for Games ... lets get more realistic
01-24-2007, 05:29 AM,
Points for Games ... lets get more realistic
I am playing several 42-46 campaigns .
It all takes a lot of effort thinking you are in for the long haul planning ship bulding r/d aircraft etc etc .
I suggest there is a point award for the victory level but also for the number of turns played ( for both sides ) . WITP is a massive undertaking and though there can be occasions when one side could give up . Both players need rewarding for putting in 300 turns or so .

I am not in favour of the same points awarded for reckless play over a few turns and then lets swap sides style .

What do you think ?

Michael
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2007, 08:49 AM,
RE: Points for Games ... lets get more realistic
They improved the points a few months ago. You should have seen it before the change.

I did propose points based upon weeks completed.
01-26-2007, 01:36 AM,
BB,

Was it ever decided to grant Bonuses for completed games? I remember when I was still a custodian on the CM ladder and we were discussing the points changes, that it was at least suggested to offer bonuses for completed games (i.e. every turn completed), but I wasn't around for the final decisions on the points upgrade.

Mike
01-26-2007, 05:19 AM,
To be honest I do not know. At the time, work was crazy and I was not visiting the board very often. PK may know.