• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Common house rules?
01-24-2007, 05:57 AM,
RE: Common house rules?
Sorry, I got so lost in the ground clutter that I missed my IP.
Most of the various 'rules' are created because player are trying to force the game to fit what their idea of a M/E is. Notice that defend missions don't produce the 'rules' that the M/E's do. Other then the proper ratio, there is much argueing over arty and ammo and air strikes, etc.
That is where I was heading before wandering off in the desert.
Sorry, my GPS had dead batteries. The history was offerred as support for my logic.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2007, 06:21 AM,
RE: ��Common house rules?
01-24-2007, 06:24 AM,
RE:��Common house rules?
Grumbler Wrote:That is where I was heading before wandering off in the desert.
Sorry, my GPS had dead batteries.

And I thought you were still using the rock and stick method!
01-24-2007, 06:44 AM,
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
01-24-2007, 06:51 AM,
RE:����Common house rules?
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
01-24-2007, 07:03 AM,
Narwan Wrote:Afaik the 10% arty rule came from the WaW family of games were artillery tended to be too powerful in larger quantities. It was a common understanding but not a 'house' rule for those games. For the CAMO games arty has never been considered a real problem (the occasional debate notwithstanding).
Though you might want to look out for games where one side has cluster ammo for the arty available and the other hasn't. Especially in combo with ammo units to keep the cluster rounds coming it can unbalance a game.

Narwan

Personally I think cluster munitions in the earlier years (early 80's through 90's) are vastly overrated in the game. Someone can correct me who has experience with them but from I have been reading, most went unexploded and did not have the lethal punch to kill a tank. Especially a heavy armored one like a T80 or M1. I try to (when I remember) to allow 1 platoon max of these as they can ruin your day. No where to run :)
01-24-2007, 08:14 AM,
Yeah Gary I guess that came from the Pakistan vs India game where it rained CM's. Made what could have been a very good game into a arty fest.:hissy:

But i think a limited amount is fine. Like you say a platoon at the most.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
01-24-2007, 11:30 AM,
Czerpzk, I wasn't offended. I know well how boring I can get and I do try to watch it. Sometimes I am not a sucessful as I should be. In those cases a gentle reminder is appreciated.
Short, if there is a stick available, it's not a REAL Desert. I know you are used to pulling them out of your punji cart, but some of use are more mechanical oriented.
-Jessica Simpson
01-24-2007, 02:18 PM,
Grummi- just pull out your tent poles from your infantry roll.

So I take it our game is forshizzled?
01-24-2007, 03:07 PM,
Don't know, I have made the switch. We can play crsah test dummy and run towrad the wall and see what happens, or we can restart in 3.0 I think the map will have survived the switch, since it was #441 or something like that and IIRC the 'official' map list is only up to about 250 or so. And If it didn't, re-doing it would not be a big deal and this time I will take all the fields out. I missed some the first try and it annoys me to have crops being raised in a frozen swamp 100Km's from the nearest village.
Tents? Aren't they back in the rear, with the beer and other gear?
-Jessica Simpson