• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NGP Noob
01-22-2007, 05:24 AM,
NGP Noob
Hi Guys

I recently acquired NGP and to tell you the truth upon opening it I was a bit overawed with the amount of options available... so any tips to a complete beginner would be good.

Bootie
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2007, 06:14 AM,
RE: NGP Noob
Bootie,
Message in your inbox :)
01-22-2007, 06:34 AM,
RE: NGP Noob
Bootie Wrote:Hi Guys

I recently acquired NGP and to tell you the truth upon opening it I was a bit overawed with the amount of options available... so any tips to a complete beginner would be good.

Bootie

Hey Bootie - I understand your situation and that was something I stuggled with when creating them. The more S|Os and options you have the harder it is for the player to understand.

However, I needed to have enough different options so a Nato Player wouldn't know that IF there are WP units in Hamlin THEN they are also in other specific spots.

So - to make it less confusing here is what you can do.

OPEN any Scn.
Go to 2D Zoom Out
Turn Divisional Markings OFF

Then open the CG so you can see more of the map.
Click OK on the dialog annoucing the Strategy
Move the "View Stragegy DIalog to the top right corner of you map
DOUBLE Click on Operation #1 and a view Dialog Box will appear
Click on each line in the View Operations Dialog and the map will jump to this location

Click the X in the top right corner
Double click on teh second Operation and repeat the procedure from here.

This map is ZOOM OUT with DIvisional Marking OFF and the Dialog in the corner out of the way will help you see where things are. Finally you should be able to zoom around the map to the various places to see where these are.

Overall the different places shouldn't have a huge impact on the Soviet battle plan really - but it will keep the Nato player guessing I hope.

Glenn
Send this user an email