• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Eastern Front 2 tech questions.
01-21-2007, 06:18 AM,
Eastern Front 2 tech questions.
I have just dug my old copy of Eastern Front 2 out of the cupboard for a trip down memory lane. It install correctly and starts up fine but i seem to be having trouble with the sounds and graphics. It says that my monitor doesn't support 16bit graphics, which it does, and the sound effects and music seem to get themselves stuck in a loop and just keep repeating.

Are these common problems when trying to run this game on XP Pro as this is an old Win95/98 game, is there a patch i can download or is it worth me just waiting till the Matrix versions of the games are out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2007, 06:29 AM,
RE: Eastern Front 2 tech questions.
check the box to run the program under win 98 OS in the properties of your shortcut and see if that helps you on some of the issues

sounds over looping is normal for all of us, a reboot or restart usually fixes this as long as you're not running a bunch of background stuff

I'm playing it in 32 bit colors and it runs fine change the size of your display to 1024X800 and see if that changes things.

there are some patches for CS games on the blitz FTP current version is 1.02 for EF2 and 1.05 for WF

you can also use 1.03 for EF2 but need to state that when looking for a game to prevent mistaken corrupt errors when playing.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
01-21-2007, 07:53 AM,
Thanks for the tips, switching to the win95 compatibility mode seemed to fix most of the problems i was having. I have played through all 4 tutorials without any troubles, touch wood, i'd forgotten how much fun this game was. I'm going to have to venture to the back of the cupboard and find Rising Sun and Western Front now and play through all the missions again.

cheers
01-22-2007, 12:40 AM,
Someone recently hinted that turning the sound acceleration down solved the loop problem for them!!

Mike