• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

On a trip...
01-18-2007, 08:44 AM,
On a trip...
Opponents: In New Mexico for the week on a busy work trip - wasn't sure how consuming it would be until I got out here. Next turns Friday/Saturday at the latest. Sorry for breaking the tempo - RL sucks, you know!

Out.
Minuteman
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2007, 08:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2007, 08:51 AM by Bootie.)
RE: On a trip...
Go go go the Allies.... FGM Domination will be quiet without your Axis advances... LMAO

[Image: dominationmap17copy.jpg]

Although your gonna have to turn your attention to Germany's eastern border as it looks like the Poles are chewing it up... LOL

Have a good trip and catch ya when you return.

Bootie
01-18-2007, 09:28 AM,
Eek....wow risk is alive and well.

cheers
01-18-2007, 09:33 AM,
Bootie, What is that map for?
01-18-2007, 09:37 AM,
It's for an ongoing "tournament" type campaign we're doing over at FGM
stop over and check it out on the real FGM forums

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/forum/index.php

Hell, join the FGM group and get in on it as well :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
01-18-2007, 09:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2007, 09:39 AM by Bootie.)
LOL... only one of a number of things the FGM is running..... whaddya think we do.... sit over there and moan.. LOL

Its open to any Blitz member who wants to join... just go to the website and click the Join FGM link and send me a nice email telling me who you are... we are the Blitz tournament club.

We currently have 28 ongoing battles in Domination and 23 have already been completed....

Its only been running a couple of months but is going really well....

Here is some info on it.

What is Domination

Domination World War Two is a 'competition' run by the FGM. The idea of Domination is to expand on the idea of the Quick Battle and to make your results count towards a wider objective based on a map of Europe/Russia & North Africa.

It is really quite simple. We will be asking members to join either the Axis or the Allies. Once the two teams have been confirmed the map will be displayed and between the two teams challenges will be made.

Eg. MrYormsha of the Axis factions decides he would like to attack into Russia. By looking at the map which will be split up into small hexagonal sections he decides he would like to battle for sector A10. He then posts a challenge stating he would like to fight for A10 which would be the Germans against the Russians.

The Allied team see his request for a battle and Rico from the Allies decides he would like to take up the challenge with his Russian forces and force Mr Yormsha back into Germany.

Now the fun thing about this is:-

(A) There is no time limit on the games.
(B) It will be ongoing so we can expect to see borders shifting drastically.
© Any type of QB can be played as long as the forces are accurate (not the actual OOB) so Germans cannot face American troops when they push into Russia - it has to be Russians for obvious reasons.

Once the battle is concluded the sector will either change to the colour of the Axis or the Allies - hence the shifting borders.

Rules

(These are just rough - for updated rules etc read the forum)

Domination was designed for ease of use so the rules are pretty straightforward.

1 - Domination will begin with all countries who aligned to the Axis as Axis likewise for the Allied Nations. Neutral countries will not be invaded and will remain neutral throughout the game.

2 - Once you sign up your not allowed to switch teams.

3 - Sectors can only be attacked if they are touched on any side by an enemy sector.

4 - Challenges must be placed - EG. Topic Title - CHALLENGE FRANCE#57 - ITALY2 and then in the message - I would like to challenge one of the Allied team to fight me for sector A7 - I will fight using my sector A8. A 2000pt ME. (If the Allies win they gain A8 if they lose the Axis get A7). So you post your target and the sector your attacking with.

4 - Battles will either be :-

A) Attack Defend - Players will put the challenge down in the forum that they want to attack such and such a sector... players will have to suffer a consequence of failing in an attack so what I have done is make the players specify where they attack from. ie. GB15 attacks GB16. If GB15 wins they gain GB16 but if they lose they lose GB15.

B) Meeting Engagement - Same rules as above.... state where you want to attack from and to and then whoever wins takes the other players sector. The type of battle is down to the individual players. they can make it as realistic as possible using the correct kit, date etc. or something entirley different. Its the result that counts at the end of the day.

This will apply on all sectors except raids on coastal sectors - the places available for raids into enemy territory are displayed by white arrows across the channels of water.

5 - Bootie must be informed in the forum about who is fighting for what sector. This will stop multiple people fighting over the same sector. This will get deleted upon completion of the battle making that sector available for others to fight over.

6 - All versions of CM can be used. All results must be emailed to Bootie so he can update the master map. But please post in this forum as well in case the mail fails to get through.

7 - Any bulges or deep advances are lost if they get disconnected from the main front line.

Bootie
01-18-2007, 09:40 AM,
Hey Bootie you given up on our H2H game. ;)

cheers
01-18-2007, 09:42 AM,
Nope... Google was playing up and I aint received anything..?

Bootie