• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What would you like to see added to or more of at the Blitz website?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More Tournaments
22.68%
22 22.68%
New Ladders (Specify in thread)
1.03%
1 1.03%
After Action Reports
15.46%
15 15.46%
CM Ladder for tcp/ip results
3.09%
3 3.09%
A Better Training Ground for new players
6.19%
6 6.19%
Historical Discussion (More)
10.31%
10 10.31%
Scenario Design Tips
6.19%
6 6.19%
The Newsletter *restarted*
14.43%
14 14.43%
Game Tips Section
14.43%
14 14.43%
Other (Please specify in thread)
6.19%
6 6.19%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Blitz Website
01-21-2007, 12:53 AM,
RE: The Blitz Website
When are we going to have Blitz sponsored Tournament.
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2007, 01:10 AM,
Zemke Wrote:When are we going to have Blitz sponsored Tournament.

We cant really do that when the guy who owns the Blitz isnt around. LOL

Bootie
01-21-2007, 07:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2007, 07:57 AM by McIvan.)
RedDevil Wrote:It is a bit funny to see you're from albania and speak english quite well, have a problem with moderators already and yet your IP is
host 81-152-97-226. range81-152.btcentralplus.com.... surprise.. from Scotland....
As I understand it, from a hopefully half-competent webmaster:

"that range of BT addresses does not signify Scotland, as any half-competent webmaster will tell you..."

I didn't see the Carmen posts before they were deleted, so make no comment on them. Sounds like grounds for suspicion to me, but the gun may be pointed in the wrong direction.
01-21-2007, 08:12 AM,
McIvan Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:It is a bit funny to see you're from albania and speak english quite well, have a problem with moderators already and yet your IP is
host 81-152-97-226. range81-152.btcentralplus.com.... surprise.. from Scotland....
As I understand it, from a hopefully half-competent webmaster:

"that range of BT addresses does not signify Scotland, as any half-competent webmaster will tell you..."

I didn't see the Carmen posts before they were deleted, so make no comment on them. Sounds like grounds for suspicion to me, but the gun may be pointed in the wrong direction.

True... but it certainly didnt signify Albania. Basically someone joined from the UK... may or maybe not Scotland... Im not sure what Randy used to trace it so cant be sure what he found out but the fact still remains that someone joined, blatantly hijacked a thread, dissed the moderators and pretended to be from Albania (which is funny because they used perfectly good English until the 3rd post where they probably realised 'Hey Im from Albania' I shouldnt be so articulate.

Sad really that someone (whomever it may be) wants to carry on this tirade. The lines have been clearly marked in this argument and I hoped we had all moved on.

In Randy's defence the post did smack of Geordies rants that went on before but to be fair to him if it wasnt Geordie then who was it (someone imitating him??). Step forward and stop letting someone else take the blame. Whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves for stoking this fire again when it is the last thing the members want to hear.

Bootie
01-21-2007, 09:11 AM,
I already voted, but after thinking about it for a while, I think a little bit of elaboration in the ladder would be cool. For example, on my page it shows I've played x amount of Quick Battles, and how many points they were, but not whether it was a ME, A/D or whatever. That would be cool. If for no other reason to see a trend, like whether I almost always lose when I defend, or I never win a ME or sumfink.

All in all, I very much enjoy the website. What we're talking bout here is tweaks to an already good thing.

Mike
01-21-2007, 11:00 AM,
Who really cares who it was! Lets move on and leave it die.
01-21-2007, 12:13 PM,
Hows about a list of players who offer to give bootcampers a game where they are willing to offer the game up as a draw or win for the bootcamper, so they can get their feet wet with PBEM play and get to join the full ladder.

That may help bootcampers who are worried about any sharks looking for an easy win and they are guaranteed either a draw or win but no loss.

It's a system that i know some on the SP ladder use and seems a good way to help rookies.

Big Grin
01-21-2007, 12:16 PM,
That does indeed sound like a great idea. I wasnt aware the SP ladder did it... Im sure it would be easy enough to make it a sticky topic at the top of the forum with those willing to help out the new players listed in it.

01-21-2007, 12:21 PM,
I'm not sure how many on the SP ladder do it but i'm playing a chap at the moment who suggested it and i thought it a very kind offer.

I'm more than happy to help any bootcampers out if it helps any.

cheers
01-21-2007, 12:33 PM,
I'll contact weasel over on SP and ask him about his mentor program

Fubar, would you be interested in handling it if it needs a guiding light?

I'd give you more details on what's involved once I find out myself.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard