• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Would you be interested in "ALT" Modern Campaigns scenarios?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
95.24%
20 95.24%
No
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

"ALT" Modern Campaigns interest?
01-16-2007, 08:57 AM,
"ALT" Modern Campaigns interest?
I am curious whether anyone is interested in a possible "ALT" version of Modern Campiagns scenarios, that would be similar to the unit ratings changes made in the ALT PzC scenarios?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2007, 03:02 PM,
RE: "ALT" Modern Campaigns interest?
Absolutely. I cannot think of more than a small handful of stock scenarios between FG, NGP and K85 that are even remotely balanced for HTH play (including those listed as HTH playable). Of course, this is my opinion, but an alt set of scenarios cannot hurt anything.
01-17-2007, 02:18 AM,
Since I enjoy your PzC Alt scenario's so much, I think NGP/FG Alt scenario's would be lots of fun.

Would they also get the McNamara overhaul to assault numbers, direct firing ranges, etc etc ?? ... I could imaging night engagements by M1's or Leopards with thermal sights and ranges of 2 or 3 hexes would be quite enjoyable ... :-)

01-17-2007, 03:01 AM,

Hi Volcano I would be interested in Alt scenarios. In a Korea which is my Favorite but i have a few bones to pick with that game The Super S Korean Recon Vehicles they stand up better than most Tank units do and all the were is the Korean Version of the M-113.I know they were M-113 because i saw them when i was in Korea in 87 and any fool with a heavy machine gun or Rpg can easily take them out Every North Korean Squad had a RPG in it so Another unit is the TOW jeep units tougher to kill than infantry units one thing i think designers forget you are not killing the TOW itself you are Killing the men who serve the weapon System and there are 4 men to a crew and lets say you have a whole Battalion of NK firing turn upon turn at them but yet the TOW units take forever to disrupt or to destroy.I think to some extent you have same problem with Artillery units again you are not killing the weapon you are killing the men that serve it.One more the S Korean M-47/48 tank against the T-55 i would say even match but not the T-62 .

T-62 Question why can the T-62 in ME67 fire 2 hexes but yet in Fulda or Ngp or Korea they only fire one same gun and if the gun has the range to fire two hexes in the desert then it has the ability to fire two hexes anywhere else because if the excuse is that in Germany it is more wooded and Korea more hilly for long range tank shots then you should take it away from the M-1 .

Sorry for going on but just my rant on what i see as problems with the modern campaigns which i like the 2nd best after the East Front
01-17-2007, 05:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2007, 05:02 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
01-17-2007, 08:18 AM,
i vote no because modern artillery is not use like the 2nd WW one ...
01-18-2007, 10:30 PM,
by all means - YES, please !

and i'd really appreciate a major re-design of
airpower-air defence and helicopter assets.
since there's no way yet to simulate stationary
air defence on regimental, divisional or even
army level, deployment of airborne troops and
tactical airstrikes are way too easy to accomplish.
getting a recon helo adjacent to HQ and supply
units miles behind the frontline to guide a follow-up
airstrike seems a bit on the fantasy side of things.

'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.'
- Groucho Marx
01-18-2007, 11:29 PM,
Maybe the new Partisan rule could be added to helicopters? That way they could fly around and cause disruption and block roads? Just an idea, please ignore if it is stupid.

//Engelbrekt
01-19-2007, 01:10 AM,

One thing i would like to see done with the Helos is they never run out of fuel I would like to see that fixed because i have played games where helos are in transport mode the whole game and the fix where Helos can isolate units
01-21-2007, 03:34 AM,
Anything you can do about Helos would be good. Just noted the NGP update has airstrikes at 1/2 if unit spotting is beyond command range that may help?