• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Game needed - SqB Vietnam
01-15-2007, 07:24 AM,
First Game needed - SqB Vietnam
Hi...I'm not doing much wargaming atm, but I have picked up a copy of Vietnam and am curious enough to give it a try. Panzer Campaigns is a little too big for my micro-management tendencies, but Squad Battles could be a lot more to my liking. Looks like it would be a lot easier on that limited resource - time.

Anyways, I need someone to show me the ropes in a first game. Would someone care to suggest themselves as an opponent and a suitable small scenario?

In terms of experience, I have played the tutorial scen once and that is the start and finish of my SqB experience. I would however count myself as a quick learner.
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2007, 08:17 AM,
Smile  RE: First Game needed - SqB Vietnam
Greetings!

Welcome to the ladder. Right now I'm booked as far as taking on any new games, however, here is a link with some tactics articles to get you going. I am a rookie myself, but I'll be glad to play you in the future.
http://www.wargamer.com/Hosted/squadbattles/id117.htm
Regards, keif.
Send this user an email
01-31-2007, 10:02 AM,
RE: First Game needed - SqB Vietnam
Hey, bud! I could use a game of SB. Only have a few games goin' (none of em SB at the moment) these days and would be happy to play you if you're still lookin'?
"I keep a flask of whiskey in my left pocket in case of snake bite....and I keep a small snake in my right pocket" W.C. Fields
02-01-2007, 10:10 AM,
Ivan,

Throw a game my way if you are still looking. I'm easy on options/scenarios/sides.

Cheers

Nik
02-01-2007, 11:24 AM,
Thanks you two....I'm afraid I'd given up checking this post!

Happy to take you both on,and any tips you can throw my way will be appreciated.

A quick look at the scenarios list suggests The Battle for Hue part 2 and The battle for FSB Ripcord part 1 as being reasonably balanced. If either of you gentlemen would like to choose one and pick your favoured side then we can commence.

02-01-2007, 12:09 PM,
PS I have no idea what the options do. So you will have to guide me on that.
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM,
I reckon my game play will be a good lesson...on how not to play it!

Just sent a file your way Ivan. Feel free to change any of the options or scenario.

Looking forward to the game.

Cheers

Nik
02-04-2007, 03:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2007, 03:59 AM by General Wile E. Coyote.)
Just makin' sure you got my e-mail (forgot to check the reciept thinga-majiger). Take your pick, any sce. and side....I'm pretty sure I've played em all but due to reduced braincells I don't remember s**t. :smoke:

All options and FOW on.
"I keep a flask of whiskey in my left pocket in case of snake bite....and I keep a small snake in my right pocket" W.C. Fields