• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Zemke's Armor Battles (ZABs)
01-07-2007, 05:43 AM,
Zemke's Armor Battles (ZABs)
After playing a few Byte Battles in my day, I decided to create something simular but larger, while still trying to keep the flavor of a fast battle. I made a map 1200x1100 with one flag in the center, and 20+ turns. I initally started off with pure armor from anywhere between 10-20 tanks each side. But after thinking about I decided to make it more "realistic" and added some infantry, FOs and two targets each sides. They are still "tank" heavy, with the infantry playing a secondary role, but I thought most tanks would not go into battle without at least some infantry, (except maybe the British...lol). Then I added the mortar FOs with two targets. The FO's come with about 100 rds of extra ammo each, so no matter the side you will have 100 rounds on top of the normal ammo load. I have only one Flag because I didn't want it to be about the flag, but about destroying the other guys armor. The flag is there to keep people from "camping out", with their tanks.

So far I have two set in North Africa, one in Italy, and two in Russia, the time frames range from 1940-1945. All points for each side are as even as I could make them with only a few points difference. The only one I have played is the CMBB 45 one, I just had to see how those SU-100s would do against Panthers, needless to say I lost one and won one, so I think they are even enough, or as good most QB MEs are. Let me know if anyone is interested, in playing them.
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2007, 08:04 PM,
RE: Zemke's Armor Battles (ZABs)
I posted the first ZAB "Witch's Play Ground", CMAK, 20+ turns, complex terrain.
01-08-2007, 12:37 AM,
If you want to tcp one of the battles send an email to arrange a day and time.
01-08-2007, 03:31 AM,
I would love to TCP, but I am in Afghanistan, and my internet is so sloooow.
01-10-2007, 06:28 AM,
I am still needing to write all the briefs for the battles, but if anyone wants to play one I will finish that up fast for you and send it to you, then I will post to here.
01-11-2007, 04:04 AM,
ZAB "Burning Sands" was added to the H2H data base, battle fought in the desert waste of North Africa between the Italians and British December 1940. So now there are two, "Witch's Play Ground" US v Germans 1944, and "Burning Sands" Italy v Britain Dec 1940. I have the others made just writing the briefings.