• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prisoners
01-12-2007, 12:59 AM,
RE: Prisoners
falc Wrote:Is this the result of the Uni carrier firing its weapon or the result of just the over-run itself??

I would surmise the firing of the weapon would do the damage... especially at such close ranges. As I say IMO I have never seen damage done to troops by running them over... panicking, routing ... yes.

Until I get evidence to show the contrary then Im afraid I'll be sticking with my opinion... and it is only my opinion Im not forcing it on anyone else.... if they wanna chase down infantry units and try driving over them they are more than welcome to attempt it... and if it succeeds send me a jpeg will ya's... just for my own peace of mind.

Bootie
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2007, 01:42 AM,
Falco,
You are quite correct concerning a vehicle running over a ATG but McIvans post explained what my little test was about and that is.....
A VEHICLE CANNOT CAUSE CAUSALTIES TO AN INFANTRY UNIT BY RUNNING OVER THEM :)

I forgot to add to my last post that the HQ infantry unit was regular (so was the universal carrier) and after the first encounter, he tried to run away (but I wouldn't let him!;) )

So to sum up, a vehicle if driven at or over a anti tank gun WILL cause the crew to abandon the gun.
A vehicle if driven at or over a infantry unit WILL NOT cause any casualties, just make the infantry unit shift position.
01-12-2007, 03:59 PM,
RE:��Prisoners
Bob Millard Wrote:So to sum up, a vehicle if driven at or over a anti tank gun WILL cause the crew to abandon the gun.
A vehicle if driven at or over an infantry unit WILL NOT cause any casualties, just make the infantry unit shift position.

Ok, let me make some corrections here if I may....

So to sum up, a vehicle if driven at or over an anti tank gun WILL cause the crew to abandon the gun AND OCCASIONALLY cause casualties.
A vehicle if driven at or over an infantry unit WILL NOT cause any casualties, just make the infantry unit shift position, AT LEAST THATS WHAT I THINK COZ IT HASNT BEEN PROVEN 100%.

- falco.
01-12-2007, 05:03 PM,
Neither of our opinions have been proven 100%. So we can agree that driving over guns can make them abandon and we can rout infantry but we will agree to disagree on the actual causing casualties.

Bootie
01-13-2007, 01:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2007, 01:08 AM by The Coil.)
01-13-2007, 01:53 AM,
RE: ��Prisoners
falc Wrote:
Bob Millard Wrote:So to sum up, a vehicle if driven at or over a anti tank gun WILL cause the crew to abandon the gun.
A vehicle if driven at or over an infantry unit WILL NOT cause any casualties, just make the infantry unit shift position.

Ok, let me make some corrections here if I may....

So to sum up, a vehicle if driven at or over an anti tank gun WILL cause the crew to abandon the gun AND OCCASIONALLY cause casualties.
A vehicle if driven at or over an infantry unit WILL NOT cause any casualties, just make the infantry unit shift position, AT LEAST THATS WHAT I THINK COZ IT HASNT BEEN PROVEN 100%.

- falco.

:bang: ok, I give in! some one else take up the baton!!:bang: