• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prisoners
01-11-2007, 01:53 AM,
RE: Prisoners
Bootie Wrote:Amazing as it may seem Falco I have never seen a tank or AFV kill troops by driving over them. Knocking out a gun 'yes'...the crew panic and run away, panicking an infantry unit 'yes' but actually killing the crew or infantry sorry.... never seen it done in over 650 games played.

Of course I may be completely wrong and would be happy for someone to do a test and send me the file so I can see for myself.

Bootie

Do you want me to run one of your infantry squads over with one of my many Panthers in our game. ;)

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2007, 02:01 AM,
You can try.... LOL
01-11-2007, 02:17 AM,
RE:��Prisoners
01-11-2007, 02:27 AM,
falc Wrote:Fair enough but I just thought that fer someone whos played this game so much it seemed quite odd that you've never experienced having casaulties (or inflicting 'em) by having an AFV over-run an AT or MG position.

Which is exactly why Im dubious about killing them by driving over them. Maybe I'll need to pay more attention next time a Panther approaches.

LOL

Bootie
01-11-2007, 02:38 AM,
Bootie Wrote:You can try.... LOL

Consider it done. :whis:

cheers
01-11-2007, 04:41 AM,
Just made a tiny scenario containing one German infantry HQ unit (no ammo), and one British universal carrier (no ammo).
Ran the test using the hot seat mode.
RESULT:
Buttoned the uni carrier, gave it a fast move order directly over the HQ unit (4 men) and no casualties :rolleyes:
Next, gave the uni carrier fast move order but this time using 'Russian' tactics - drive on top of the HQ unit, swivel around on top of the HQ unit, drive off and repeat order.
RESULT:
no casualties! :conf:

So Bootie, your infantry can laugh in the face of the speeding Panther bearing down on them! :)
01-11-2007, 06:35 AM,
Thankyou... exactly what I thought.

Bootie

01-11-2007, 02:29 PM,
Bootie Wrote:Thankyou... exactly what I thought.

Bootie

Hmm....I can almost feel the derisory mocking from here.

So are we to take it that just because Bob Millard's Uni carrier over-ran an infantry unit one time and caused no casualties that this is what happens every time? Also, what happens when a Uni carrier over-runs infantry with ammo and causes casulties?? Is this the result of the Uni carrier firing its weapon or the result of just the over-run itself??

Well, I know what I saw when Geordie's Sherman over-ran my 75mm. If you fell you need confirmation feel free to ask Geordie.

- falco

01-11-2007, 02:34 PM,
Everyone's agreed that tanks can overrun AT guns tho Falco, it's just causing casualties to infantry that is causing the disagreement.
01-11-2007, 11:48 PM,
McIvan Wrote:Everyone's agreed that tanks can overrun AT guns tho Falco, it's just causing casualties to infantry that is causing the disagreement.

Well, not exactly. The above posters appear to be trying to convince us that any unit (AT-guns, MGs, infantry) have little or no chance of coming to harm when an AFV runs over the top of them......

"Which is exactly why Im dubious about killing them by driving over them. Maybe I'll need to pay more attention next time a Panther approaches".

LOL

Bootie

"So Bootie, your infantry can laugh in the face of the speeding Panther bearing down on them!"

Bob Millard

I dont follow the logic......sorry.

- falco.