Prisoners
01-10-2007, 03:36 AM,
RE: Prisoners
Ye Gods, Bootie likes dressing up as Dolly Parton! Eek
May I say you got great nits! :)
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2007, 08:33 AM,
I am playing a game with WC where I just overran a MG with a sherman. The poor tike tried to surrender but SPLAT.

interesting, in the same game I also charged a bren carrier down a road, over a hill, and hit a line of MG's walking up it (seriously, about 6 of them) and mowed them down - one died immediately, casualties on others, before speeding on chuckling. Might have been the bren firing, but seemed very nasty. odd thing the dead MG crew showed 4 dead, not 6.
01-10-2007, 08:43 AM,
I dont think you can run troops over.

Bootie
01-10-2007, 08:45 AM,
Thats what I used to think, but have done quite a few overruns against MGs lately and it seems to end up with them dead a very high proportion of times. Maybe they just multiply the firepower of the tank by 100x cos you are so close - whatever, they still end up dead.
01-10-2007, 08:49 AM,
Grumlin Wrote:whatever, they still end up dead.

And thats all that matters... LOL
01-10-2007, 09:15 AM,
Yes you do cause casualties by running enemy infantry and guns over with your vehicle! :)
Good way of knocking out a nearby troublesome AT is charging your tank straight at them...they will abandon the gun :cool:
01-10-2007, 09:22 AM,
Are you sure....?

A good way to prove it would be to design a test where the inf have no ammo and the tanks have no ammo... then drive the armour around on top of the infantry and see if any of them get made into a smoothie.

Unfortunately I dont have time...LOL

Bootie
01-10-2007, 11:01 AM,
You can definitely make crews abandon their guns, have done that. Ordinary troops will panic and scatter if an AFV charges them directly. If they don't have time then, well, seems like they can get squashed. Never seen it done personally tho.
01-10-2007, 04:45 PM,
RE:��Prisoners
Bootie Wrote:I dont think you can run troops over.

Bootie

Of COURSE you can run troops over. I know from personal experience - had it done to me several times.....Cry Also over-running AT-guns and Arty is a GREAT way to knock 'em out (assuming your tank can get that close of course!).

Seems strange that the poster quoted above wouldnt know about this......:conf:

- falco.

01-11-2007, 01:38 AM,
Amazing as it may seem Falco I have never seen a tank or AFV kill troops by driving over them. Knocking out a gun 'yes'...the crew panic and run away, panicking an infantry unit 'yes' but actually killing the crew or infantry sorry.... never seen it done in over 650 games played.

Of course I may be completely wrong and would be happy for someone to do a test and send me the file so I can see for myself.

Bootie