01-17-2007, 01:24 PM,
RE: Most Feared Opponents
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2007, 04:34 PM,
01-18-2007, 01:48 AM,
For me it is "Herr Nash" ever since my first game I logged on 3 April 2000.
01-18-2007, 07:20 AM,
none scare me
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?
01-18-2007, 06:53 PM,
WOW....my toughest and most feared opponents!

Tank Killer and Steelrain60 immeadiately come to mind. I almost feel like a winner when I get a minor defeat against these two guys. Many others are also annhilating me on the field of battle quite handily.

But when I really contemplate my worst adversary, then I have to say that the guy who really gives me the toughest most aggrivating, dissapointing and most exasperating time is me....yeah, you heard it right...me! I gotta be my own worst enemy and I scare myself at times.

I forget to use smoke, I use armor like most guys use infantry, and I attack with the belief that my troops have the firepower of Marines and the morale of Japanese Samurai....even when I play as the Italians!

I stroll into a battle like an over-the-hill punchy prize fighter who leads with his chin, has a glass jaw and goes down like a bum from Palookaville!

Reality SUCKS!!!

Mike/Yossarian :smoke:
01-19-2007, 07:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 07:30 AM by McIvan.)
01-19-2007, 07:46 AM,
Where do i start-eveyone as im crap but love playing this game.Umbro Laza Randy where shall i finish.Havent played Digger in a Game yet but would be very afraid going by his team games having been his partner in a few.Anyway regardless of who's the best who cares im here for a good game good time and a member of the best wargaming club on the net enjoy it win lose or draw.
01-21-2007, 03:25 AM,
Going way back, Fritz the Moose used to school me good.

Used to get schooled regularly by Stormbringer too, but he seems to have disappeared - anybody heard from Bruce lately?

Only played the Red Devil once, but god help you if you are playing him now!

My combined record against long time friend and opponent Hajo aka Doc is a paltry 2-9-4!

Others that are also worth note are Amico Fritz and Tiger88.

Mike aka Scraps
Mike aka Scraps
01-21-2007, 10:19 PM,
I have gotta say everyone is is good. Even the newbies like Rattler and Relayer who just need a bit more seasoning. After they have seen out tricks and tactics a couple of time they don't fall for them any more and give you one heck of a game.

I would have to say though the toughest opponent I have had on a regular basis was Jumbo. Not sure what happened to him but damn he would spank me like there was no tomorrow especially as the NVA in DGVN.

My hat goes off to all though and many a time have I been humbled in the presence of greatness...... as my loss record shows.
01-22-2007, 09:48 AM,
Thor and Hog of War. Both usually destroy me - but both have always given great advice after the game. If anyone wants to learn a trick or two I would advise you to play a game against these gentlemen.

I'm playing my first game against Tiger88 at the moment - so I can't comment on the great man yet.

Chris