• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk OOB question
12-26-2006, 11:29 PM,
Minsk OOB question
Curious...
Why does the 20 Pz Div's PzIV's have lower HA values than others (17/1 vs. 21/2)? They're even lower than StuG IIIg.

Bob
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2006, 07:05 PM,
RE: Minsk OOB question
Rev Rico Wrote:Curious...
Why does the 20 Pz Div's PzIV's have lower HA values than others (17/1 vs. 21/2)? They're even lower than StuG IIIg.

It isn't a single division - it is two components of PzKw IVs with different values. There is a PzKw IVg which is not only in 20.Pz but also in 'Feldherrnhalle' Pz.Gr Div (60.PzG), there is one in 12.Pz too.

The other PzIV are an upgunned component called a PzKw IV(lg) Kp.

I'd have to look up the stat on them but I expect other guys have those numbers more at hand.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-28-2006, 11:20 AM,
RE:��Minsk OOB question
Glenn Saunders Wrote:It isn't a single division - it is two components of PzKw IVs with different values. There is a PzKw IVg which is not only in 20.Pz but also in 'Feldherrnhalle' Pz.Gr Div (60.PzG), there is one in 12.Pz too.

The other PzIV are an upgunned component called a PzKw IV(lg) Kp.

I'd have to look up the stat on them but I expect other guys have those numbers more at hand.

Glenn

I missed the other units.
Still curious as to what is exactly represented. PzIV Model G was already upgunned to its best gun. What is this (lg) Kp version? Did the designer fudge multiple models of tanks together?
Not trying to be a pain, just interested. I didn't see anything in the designer notes.
Not that it matters much, but from what I see VM ALT has all the PzIV the same.

Thanks,
Bob

12-28-2006, 01:29 PM,
Hi Bob,

According to my info, the first 2/3 of the G model came out with the slightly shorter barrelled 75 that was on the F model, then the last 5-600 had the longer one. I don't have a clue how many of the shorter barrel were still out there by mid-1944, I believe a number of the original ones would have had their barrels replaced with the longer gun, but maybe not?

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-28-2006, 06:12 PM,
RE:��Minsk OOB question
Send this user an email
12-29-2006, 02:59 AM,
Ok, thanks.

I just didn't think that the 75L43 was that much less effective than the 75L48 to have such a difference in range and hard attack value. Their velocity and penetration numbers are so close according to Hart's book, Jentz book, and Aberdeen Proving Grounds data.

Hart seems to say that the L43 in existing MkIVs was replaced during 1943 by the L48, too.