• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ethiopia vs. CIC, Adadow dec. 2006 - Any takers?
12-26-2006, 10:28 PM,
Ethiopia vs. CIC, Adadow dec. 2006 - Any takers?
So it seems the Ethiopians are pushing towards Mogadishu and probably crushing the troops loyal to the Council of Islamic Courts. I was wondering if anyone would like to have a small battle re-enacting this ongoing war. Here's url for CNN news covering the topic: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/12/...index.html.

I was thinking something minor like:
Ethiopian advance 1000pts, Somali delay 700pts
15 turns, smallish map
2 air for Ethiopians, 0 for Somali - no helos
Wiesel scoring + the rules I usually apply: (http://koti.mbnet.fi/thexder/Steel/steelrulesIII.html)

I'd prefer being the Somalis but can also take the Ethiopians. If there's any takers (only time for one battle for now:(), mail me and I'll send you the files. I've got MBT 2.51 with slots 000-004 open. I always write a diary of my battles so input from opponent would be nice:happy:.

Cheers cheers,
Jukka
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2006, 11:10 PM,
RE: Ethiopia vs. CIC, Adadow dec. 2006 - Any takers?
Taken:smg:
12-27-2006, 01:32 PM,
I'm about 3 turns from finishing one now. The CIC doesn'r have much in the way of toys, but they have real good experience levels. I used the Eteria OOB. I maybe should have used the Somilia OOB.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
12-27-2006, 10:07 PM,
Hey Grumbler,

Nice to see you back. Drop me a line.

Jad
12-28-2006, 02:49 AM,
I'm like half back. I have 1 game going to see if I can finish it without problems. Once I'm done with that, and have proven to myself that I am ready for play, then I will go back and see which of my opponents from when I had my meltdown are still willing to play me. I think I still have the files from our WAW game.
Meanwhile, I think it's time to change my sig line. New year, new sig. I'll drop you an e-mail.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
12-29-2006, 01:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2006, 01:45 AM by shortreengage.)
Last time I checked, I had some ROK Marines sitting around on the side of a hill smoking and drinking pine nut tea............