• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What is your preference for the number of turns for a scenario?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
less than 6
0%
0 0%
7-12
12.90%
4 12.90%
13-18
38.71%
12 38.71%
19-24
29.03%
9 29.03%
25-36
9.68%
3 9.68%
36 or more
9.68%
3 9.68%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Turn length preference
08-20-2010, 12:17 AM,
RE: Turn length preference
With the R&R option you can regain effectiveness on weapons now, so it makes the longer duration scenarios more achievable. I still stick with my vote of 19 to 24 and allow me to move my forces into position, or search & destroy as opposed to the smaller set-piece battles.
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2010, 07:32 AM,
(08-20-2010, 12:17 AM)rahamy Wrote: With the R&R option you can regain effectiveness on weapons now, so it makes the longer duration scenarios more achievable. I still stick with my vote of 19 to 24 and allow me to move my forces into position, or search & destroy as opposed to the smaller set-piece battles.

How do you do R&R? Is that in the rules? I don't remember seeing it.
08-20-2010, 05:04 PM,
I like to plan, prepare and execute...which takes a bit longer most times than 12-15 turns. But, I do like the time pressure to make me commit and excute boldly...it I do not have time pressure I will second guess my plan and do half-assed ill concieved experiments...and get precious pixels killed and ruin the lives of thier pixel loved ones :)

19-24 turns for me
08-20-2010, 09:23 PM,
(08-20-2010, 07:32 AM)FroBodine Wrote: How do you do R&R? Is that in the rules? I don't remember seeing it.

Its in the User manual under Rest:

There are Rest Parameter Data Values defined for each scenario per side. If a rest value is nonzero, then it is possible for units of that side to recover effectiveness during the scenario. To be eligible for recovery, the unit must not have moved, fired, or assaulted that turn, nor can it have been fired upon. For each turn that a unit is eligible, it can recover an average effectiveness value equal to the rest value. When a unit is eligible for rest, then the effectiveness recovery also applies to all weapons carried by that unit. Vehicles cannot recover effectiveness.

--------------------

Most of the games had their PDT's updated to support this with the last round of updates, but not all...we'll get the remainder on the next round.
08-20-2010, 10:40 PM,
(08-20-2010, 05:04 PM)gabeeg Wrote: I like to plan, prepare and execute...which takes a bit longer most times than 12-15 turns. But, I do like the time pressure to make me commit and excute boldly...it I do not have time pressure I will second guess my plan and do half-assed ill concieved experiments...and get precious pixels killed and ruin the lives of thier pixel loved ones :)

19-24 turns for me

I think that if you give the player on the offense too much time, the game becomes rather stagnant, at least from the defender's side of things. Sitting around for 3-5 turns before anything happens can be a bit boring. Forcing the player on the offense to try to achieve his objectives in a timely fashion evens out the playing field.

In real life, most commanders probably didn't have as much time to prepare or execute their orders as they would have liked to. Sometimes you just have to push forward under the current set of circumstances and hope for the best.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4