• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk '44 ALT art / scenario pack available
12-23-2006, 05:47 AM,
Minsk '44 ALT art / scenario pack available
Head over the Glenn's website and download the Minsk '44 ALT art / scenario pack just in time for Christmas:

http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/downloads4_VM.html

Check the notes file in the zip for the list of changes to the alt scenarios. Have fun!
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2006, 11:39 AM,
RE: Minsk '44 ALT art / scenario pack available
Just what I've been waiting for!! :)Thank you very much & have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.cheers
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-23-2006, 01:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2006, 01:27 PM by Jazman.)
It's beautiful, much better than most of what passes for art these days, thank you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
12-24-2006, 12:54 AM,
I usually wait to play the new games until the VM art pack is out...it adds that much to the game for me. Just an observation though: With the new uniform background in the unit box the fire strengths can be hard to read. For example, I'm playing German in N' 44 and the light tan color of the uniform shirt makes it nearly impossible to read the white font of the hard and soft attack strengths. Maybe the box background colors should be slightly darker to highlight the fonts, or maybe the fonts can be tweaked to give a black outline?
12-24-2006, 01:48 AM,
I love the art work too and thanks very much for all your work. I find the uniform background difficult to deal with as well and I need to re-replace the backgrounds or fiddle with the zip during install. Any chance you could include the uniform backgrounds as an optional component? eg. as a separate contained zip?

Merry Christmas,
Fury
12-24-2006, 02:56 AM,
Well, I would say that there seems to be just as many people that like them that also dislike them. I personally like them, which is of course why it is not an extra component at this point, but then again I have all the unit ratings in my head. ;) This might change in the future, but the best thing to do if you do not like it is just open the zip before you install and sort by filename, then go and delete all the Unitbox.bmp files in one group. Sorry about that.
Send this user an email
12-24-2006, 08:35 PM,
Hello all!

I am new to the PzC series of games.

I recently purchased the Minsk '44 game.

Can anyone tell me how to install the art/scenario pack?

Thank you all very much.

Also, if anyone is interested in playing me, please drop me a line.

Thanks.
Operation Edelweiss begins! Pontoon bridges across the Don at Rostov.
12-25-2006, 04:35 AM,
This how I do it (others probably do it differently). Download the Art Pack zip to the desktop & unzip it. Open the unzipped folder, then open the various folders (ie. German, German-SS), copy the units folder & the other bmps inside (you may see some with the suffix _old: it's your choice as to whether you want to use them or not; if you do, remove the suffix). Then paste the copied files into the corresponding folders in the HPS Panzer Campaigns directory on your HD. When it asks if you want to overwrite say yes.
Copy & paste the scenario, phasebox & oob files into the Panzer Campaigns folder & you should be good to go. It's also a good idea (this is from Volcano Man himself) to reinstall the art pack after any new patches become available. The patches sometimes add art work that accidently got left out when the game was released.
Hopefully these instructions are clear & that they answer your question.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-25-2006, 04:20 PM,
RE:��Minsk '44 ALT art / scenario pack available
Gasbag Wrote:This how I do it (others probably do it differently). Download the Art Pack zip to the desktop & unzip it. Open the unzipped folder, then open the various folders (ie. German, German-SS), copy the units folder & the other bmps inside (you may see some with the suffix _old: it's your choice as to whether you want to use them or not; if you do, remove the suffix). Then paste the copied files into the corresponding folders in the HPS Panzer Campaigns directory on your HD. When it asks if you want to overwrite say yes.
Copy & paste the scenario, phasebox & oob files into the Panzer Campaigns folder & you should be good to go. It's also a good idea (this is from Volcano Man himself) to reinstall the art pack after any new patches become available. The patches sometimes add art work that accidently got left out when the game was released.
Hopefully these instructions are clear & that they answer your question.

I'd add that you should back up the Minsk install directory just in case you don't like what happens. Myself, I prefer the stock UnitBox.bmp files and I usually make my own BlankboxV.bmp. I have the ones I've made and use here:

http://jazbutis.org/pzc

The image in the web page is a jpg, but it's a hyperlink to a bmp.