• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Supply and VPs
12-20-2006, 08:38 PM,
Supply and VPs
One thing that bugs me is if you have virtual supply (IMHO a good thing) then if you cut say a bridge the supply will retrace admitedly the long way round at once. Would it be possible for virtual supply to only go through hexes that had been passed through by that sides units or that started behind the front line?

The other thing I would like to see if possible is some variations in VP use for terrain. In some games (steel panthers IIRC) you get points per turn you hold or if you hold by a certain time. This would be useful in say Sicily as the Germans could then pull back slowly get points and then exit (on which subject can you set a non map edge to be an exit hex?) The Germans would then have the dilema of trading space/time and keeping enough troops to buy the time.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2006, 03:52 PM,
RE: Supply and VPs
In the old boardgames you could have some vague victory conditions. "Have X units north of the Rhine in supply by end of game" for example in MG44. Or "trace a continuous line of road hexes free of German ZOC and Units from the south edge to Arnhem".

I wonder how such vagueness could be implemented, without shotgunning vp hexes all over the place. The thing is, we expect (no, demand!) the program to calculate victory for us. There is no human intervention allowed.
Quote this message in a reply