• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AAR for 6th Battle in PBEM Campaign
12-22-2006, 05:59 AM,
RE: ��AAR for 6th Battle in PBEM Campaign
Von Bismarck Wrote:My doubt is how you set such campaing for PBEM?
Do you use the campaing generator or simply set battles like simple PBEM fight and use the results to decide the next move???

Cheers,
VB

This sort of PBEM Campaign is not like a SP generated campaign at all. I just use the regular battle generator for PBEM games.

You have to manually control what you want in a campaign. So you choose the nationality and the start date, and you could choose to play one battle a month from June 44 to May 45. So you plan on playing 11 PBEM battles. One of your goals is for your Lt Col to make it to the end of the war, and hopefully bring many men with him from the early battles.

You can play each battle against a different human opponent, or you could play all 11 against the same human opponent.

When it comes to purchase points, I don't punish or reward myself for wins or losses. I just agree with my opponent what the points should be. So unlike a more traditional SP campaign, you get to completely refit your battalion every battle.

The results of the battle are more a score card for me. They don't effect the next battle, except if I lost, it probably means I lost some good core officers that I had grown attached to over several previous battles.

I guess you could punish yourself and say you can't move out of that month to the next month (say from June 44 to July 44) until you get a win in that month!!?? Up to you...

Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2006, 11:01 PM,
RE:����AAR for 6th Battle in PBEM Campaign
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply