• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A little playtesting with H2H
12-17-2006, 04:59 AM,
RE: A little playtesting with H2H
Hello Alby,

Much of what you observe is for WAW is true in WW2, with the addition that squads when surrounded will often 'surrender' when a morale check fails and they have received heavy fire. Number of casualties is less of a factor than having no place to run.

In WW2 and MBT, mg units are far more deadly than in all the WAW variants. They kill things at long range where in WAW it usually only supresses beyond about 500 yards.

Loss of a platoon leader seems to have more effect in WW2 also. It's something really to ba avoided at all costs, where in WAW it's just really 'not good'.

thanks for the HTH info

-Greybeard
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2006, 04:27 PM,
Greybeard Wrote:Hello Alby,

Much of what you observe is for WAW is true in WW2, with the addition that squads when surrounded will often 'surrender' when a morale check fails and they have received heavy fire. Number of casualties is less of a factor than having no place to run.

In WW2 and MBT, mg units are far more deadly than in all the WAW variants. They kill things at long range where in WAW it usually only supresses beyond about 500 yards.

Loss of a platoon leader seems to have more effect in WW2 also. It's something really to ba avoided at all costs, where in WAW it's just really 'not good'.

thanks for the HTH info

-Greybeard
Have you tried Enhanced?
MGs are pretty lethal, and one thing I especially prefer is that 50 cals and 12.7s can take out soft vehicles.
:-)
Send this user an email
12-18-2006, 05:30 AM,
where i can download h2h?
can i use mod-swap to 'turn on/off' h2h?
is h2h a requirement here?
12-18-2006, 08:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2006, 08:58 AM by Alby.)
SPWAW H2Hfr will not work with modswapper
SPWAW Enhanced HTH will.

More info on SPWAW Enhanced here
http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/index.php?c=17

More Info on SPWAW H2Hfr here
https://www.theblitz.club/member_sites/p...rework.php

None of these are "required" here
Send this user an email
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM,
Hello Alby,

Yes, I've tried 'enhanced' ... much better that std WAW.. a nice piece of work..

I still found the troops a bit more fragile than I had wished. Just downloaded the HTH of enhanced, looking forwards to exploring that a bit.

Mod swapper is really nice.. far easier than using up space to make multiple installs for each mod..

Thanks again - Greybeard
12-18-2006, 05:12 PM,
but stil, regular scenarios will not work with enhaced installed on.
12-18-2006, 09:22 PM,
Scens work only with the mod or version they were planned for.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
12-18-2006, 11:53 PM,
Greybeard Wrote:Hello Alby,

Yes, I've tried 'enhanced' ... much better that std WAW.. a nice piece of work..

I still found the troops a bit more fragile than I had wished. Just downloaded the HTH of enhanced, looking forwards to exploring that a bit.

Mod swapper is really nice.. far easier than using up space to make multiple installs for each mod..

Thanks again - Greybeard
good deal
did you understand how to use/install Enhanced HTH??

Send this user an email
12-18-2006, 11:58 PM,
Vesku Wrote:Scens work only with the mod or version they were planned for.
NOT true, many of the original scenarios have been tested and played with Enhanced...some of course have some oddities as far as crazy weapons or displaying the wrong Icons, but alot still play fine..
Plus we have redone almost all of the old original campaigns that came with SPWAW for "Enhanced" play and also, tons of scenarios have been done or reworked for "Enhanced" play.

you will find all the reworked ones here

Enhanced Scenarios and Campaigns
Send this user an email
12-18-2006, 11:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2006, 12:00 AM by Alby.)
Vesku Wrote:Scens work only with the mod or version they were planned for.
NOT true, many of the original scenarios have been tested and played with Enhanced...some of course have some oddities as far as crazy weapons or displaying the wrong Icons, but alot still play fine..
Plus we have redone almost all of the old original campaigns that came with SPWAW for "Enhanced" play and also, tons of scenarios have been done or reworked for "Enhanced" play.

you will find all the reworked and new ones here
Enhanced Scenarios and Campaigns
Send this user an email