• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod to North German Plain 1985
12-16-2006, 04:19 AM,
Mod to North German Plain 1985
Im testing a mod i have completed for ngp but everythings good except some spelling errors and just some little things in graphics but im looking to release by Monday. Im calling it Total War in Germany 1985, it expands on others work the germany-berlin map with new units, graphics, and a much, much better AI. (its going to lay some engineer bridges finally) Not sure if many r still playing ngp but for me the modern series was always one of my favorites, but the AI was stupid and there wasnt much support for it in modding or new campaigns. If theres interest i can post a complete list of changes and upgrades later today
Thanks

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2006, 08:44 PM,
RE: Mod to North German Plain 1985
Hi Aaron

I would be very interested in taking a look at your mods

Thanks

Chris
12-17-2006, 04:24 AM,
Heres a list of most changes: some units were done by others on the AFNORTH game that i have relocated to the germany-berlin game. Most Graphics i beleive were down by Volcano and another that i cant find the name at the moment and new 2d map graphics were done by Celozzi.
1. Moved reinforcement dates up and down mostly up.
2. Moved Pact Realease times up a few hours.
3. Reduced Interdiction damage to 10% from 25% for both sides.
4. Decrease Pact interdiction to 6%.
5. Increase Nato Intercept to 25% from 15%.
6. Change Pact Strategys so Ai dosent have an option to not perform one.
All strategys will be performed.
7. Deleted Options to land 82nd in Berlin and added options for 2 landings in West Germany.
8. Change reinforcement date of the 101st to the 12th and change there location to Hannover Airport. Yes Berlin is on its own, it never made any sense to land 2 divisions in a surrounded city with no strategic value for either side when if a soviet arm div is rolling down the center of brussels who cares if u still have berlin.
9.New Units either starting map or reinforcement:
XVIII Airbourne Corps HQ,rein
AFNORTH,st
Ace Mobile Force,rein
Danish Jutland Division,st
26 Fallschimeijer Bde,st
4th Can Mech,st
197th Inf Mech,st
rest of 2nd Arm(2 Bde),rein
1st Cav Div,rein on the 19th
Polish Marine and Airbourne Divs to Jutland,st
3 spetsnaz companys Jutland,st
French 2-3 Corps,rein between 14th-20th
6 french air units on the 12th
1 new russian corps of 4 Divs(1 arm 3 Mrd) on the 16th
10. Added Polish Victory Point Hexes in Jutland
11. Decreased Nato mines to 70
12. Changed Pact AI to attack the whole front at once, my thinking was 1 division 1 road so its not getting bottled up and nato will have to spread out
dont expect anything u have seen from the ai before, i know what i did and its surpriseing me
13. Told Pact Ai to lay some engineering bridges so watch out if playing nato against the ai, ull be surprised when u blocked all the bridges yet theres a russian corp behind u
14. Improved punch of Cobras and Apaches (someone had complained somewhere)
15. Added an Air Defence Reg to all soviet and east german divisions and the 3 polish armys. 32 zsu each
16.Moved some graphics around and added graphics to EVERY Unit, either by finding a pic in one of the games or i created the 82nd units myself with photoshop, never used it before but after a few hours the units look quite good.
17. Bunch of other minor fixes i call them, one was i found a couple hel units at 100 hard attack value in the original code

the game expands on the big germany-berlin map
thanks Aaron

Rangers Lead the Way
12-17-2006, 08:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2006, 08:18 PM by Hadge.)
Wow Aaron

Gimme gimme gimme !! - have you hosted this somewhere?

well done buddy

Cheers

Chris
12-17-2006, 08:42 PM,
Havnt hosted anywhere, have a month off work, old ladie is out of town and i have exp screwing around with other games so i gave it a go.

Just upgraded to 1.1

1. I added another strategy for the 76th guards airborne
2. 2 strategys for polish 7th naval
3. 3 strategys for polish 6th pomeranian airborne
4. 4 strategys for deploying Ace mobile all over West Germany

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-18-2006, 05:36 AM,
Aaron,

Have you considered submitting this to the HTH section here on the blitz for feedback and posting on the ladder as a sanctioned scenario?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-18-2006, 05:48 AM,
"15. Added an Air Defence Reg to all soviet and east german divisions and the 3 polish armys. 32 zsu each"

What is your source indicating that the WarPac divisions had this unit organized in this manner?

Regards,
CptCav
Edmund Burke (1729-1797): "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ronald Reagan: “Détente: isn’t that what a farmer has with his turkey until Thanksgiving Day?”
12-18-2006, 08:35 AM,
ive just finished unit pics for 101st air

i was just putting finishing touches on it then i was going to figure out how to sumit it so if u no the easy way let me know b/c i think im done for now

as for my source i have a couple old books but the 1 i look at most is an old strategic studies book from 1989

each soviet reg had a AD battalion of 6 zsu, 6 sa-13, and 6 bmp equip with sa-14 or sa-16. so times that by 3 u have 18 zsu, 18 sa-13 and 18 bmp equiped (54 total) per div. Not all units r in the game so i just made it 32 but i have since change it to 12 zsu-23 and 12 zsu-57

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-18-2006, 09:28 AM,
just did a quick revision of soviet ad units, now theres 2 units of 9 each, 18 total the amount listed and i retired the zsu-57, all zsu-23

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-19-2006, 08:39 AM,
I got some got info from CptCav on air drop loss that i would like to change but i cant find the numbers so as soon as i here back from him again on where they r im going to post it in H2H, so hopefully later tonight i can post that up and u guys can give it a go. Ive added another operation to the 7th guards airborne and the 82nd airborne. Ive work the game so it should be a great pbem game with all the strategys so u shouldnt be able to do all your normal things u do every game b/c the other guy has many options on where to airdrop his units. Pact Ai has been completely reworked to give u a challege and at the same time ive attempted to make it so hes not always doing the same things so its replayable and not the same everytime. On the other hand theres not much u can do with nato Ai b/c its a reactive defense and if i tell him to send a div somewhere and the player goes around well then its a div going nowhere so i limited the orders to his units so he can react to what u r doing, hopefully smartly but we all no how that goes alot of the time. On the other hand he starts with more troops on the map and has a good amount of reinforcements to give u a run at it i hope. I found the other name for the unit graphics and i downloaded them from Sturmmann at the Panzer Campaign Depot but since im new here u all might have them already.

Thanks Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way