• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

reputations
12-14-2006, 11:36 AM,
RE: reputations
Some positive rep points on the way for Thor, then, for all the hard work he's done with the Shark Fin Soup tourney.......can't let the poor lad suffer :)
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2006, 04:51 PM,
Doubtless this post will sully my reputation, if any, but frankly I don't give a s%#!

I agree with Huib and Thor that the reputation thing is totally undesirable, in fact I would go so far to say it is a load of politically correct bulls!*t and the sooner someone who understands computers sends it to the great cyberspace s%!tcan in the sky the better off we are.

That said, I greatly preferred the old message board. Good sense unadorned by bells and whistles and flashing lights remains good sense. No amount of fancy computer frippery will however turn garbage into gold.

So there

Cheers
KKR
12-14-2006, 10:02 PM,
I guess I am not sure what all the fuss is about. I never even knew the darn thing existed and still can't figure out having looked on where to post a reputation comment or look to see what mine is. In other words it must not be to easy to use.

Secondly we all have people we do not play again for various reasons. Most of us just don't make them public unless it is someone like the un-named Swede that is no longer part of the club. Is posting our feelings on a member hurting or helping others, who really knows. Even in the case of the Swede there were several players that defended him and stated they never had a problem.

In the end I don't think the reputation thing makes a rats butt. I think if you post for a game and get it ok. If not you got to ask yourself why? I for one have several regular opponents and enjoy the exchange of comments and play with them. In most cases even before a game is over one or the other of us is already asking for a rematch. A lot of the interaction on the board is human interaction in an electronic format. If you don't like or trust others the general concensus is don't play them. I don't see the problem.

I do feel lots of people here feel compelled to win versus compelled to play. Not that that is a bad thing as if you are not playing to win than why play but it should not be the only thing. I get beat a lot but try and take it like a gentleman, congratulate the heck out of my opponent and see what I learned from him. Gary for instance taught me lots about using my amor more effectively (to his dimise, LOL), Jumbo taught me how to play the NVA effective ( I bow to the master of Charlie), and I have tried to pass that on to new players by giving AAR's or tips when they play me. To me that is what this site and these games are about. "Brotherhood of War" with no one getting shot.
12-14-2006, 10:36 PM,
RE:��reputations