• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Byte Battle Brawl Round 4 started!!
12-18-2006, 09:03 AM,
RE: Byte Battle Brawl Round 4 started!!
Got both my games underway. Maybe these Italians arent so bad!
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2006, 05:06 AM,
Both games in Round 4 started.
12-22-2006, 10:39 PM,
So how is everybody doing with their attacks with Italian tincans?

Mind you some of you Russian defenders might be little short of AT weapons -- but am curious to see how this battle works out :whis:
12-25-2006, 12:48 PM,
Both my games started!
...There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action!
12-28-2006, 12:54 AM,
Well, my game as the russians is going well - a sea of knocked out enemy tin cans - even when my gun gets a non penetrating hit the italian crews bail. it's just like real life!!! ;)

as the attacker, I am finding the lack of cover and the 20 turn limit disconcerting.........that plus very cunning siting of defenders by the opposing general....

Grum
12-28-2006, 04:30 PM,
First game completed a few days ago: I scored a Total Russian vcitory against Geordie's attack -- cunning siting of guns helped quite a bit... amazing what a little stub-nosed 76mm Inf gun can do to Italian sardine cans posing as tanks.

Of course, now I have to try and pull something out of the hat as Italians vs Ratzki's cunning defense Big Grin
12-28-2006, 07:49 PM,
Oh, and did I mention that the russians got FOUR fecking guns in defence! Bejasus!
12-29-2006, 11:16 AM,
Grumlin and I have concluded our battle and he did a good job with little but infantry to attack with. He took the flag on the Russian right at the end.
I was blessed with 4 guns that made quick work of any armor he brought across the creek and were critical in slowing his steadily advancing troops. A Pioneer platoon dug in an "L" formation at the edge of the field in front of the road on my far right did a great job of stopping any advance there with one squad racking up 13 enemy casualties. Even after the death of their HQ they held, with the exception of one green squad. Of course they were backed by the regimental gun that weakened Grumlin's flanking troops.

I had my guns well placed, but once he managed to advance infantry closer to the buildings near my right flag, I had no infantry facing them. My Pioneers were on the far right and my infantry platoon was set up between the main flag and the left one, expecting to thwart an advance through the field on their right.

Grumlin had artillery that was both sporadic and off target. Had it been effective, it may have made all the difference. I'll gratefully accept the major victory, thanks Grumlin.
12-29-2006, 05:37 PM,
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/runaway.wav
12-29-2006, 08:55 PM,
I scored a Total Victory against Geordie with my Italians - He had no AT Guns, no Infantry Guns, No ATR's - the heaviest thing he had was a 12.7mm MG - I had 10 tanks, 2 tankettes and a Platoon of Infantry. I took all 3 flags without losing a single tank