• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Digital Downlaods
12-10-2006, 10:48 PM,
Digital Downlaods
Has anybody use digital download from the Matrix site?
Will I be able to put it on a cd after the download.
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2006, 11:00 PM,
RE: Digital Downlaods
I have (WPO). You will not need a CD to play the game.
12-13-2006, 12:39 AM,
I downloaded a couple games from Matrix. As Barnacle Bob said, the downloaded games do not require the CD to play. I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to make a CD with the game file on it, but you'd only need it for storage purposes.

For an extra $5 or $10, they will mail you a backup CD as well, including a CD case. The backup does not include a printed manual, however.
12-13-2006, 06:19 AM,
You can make a copy on a CD or DVD for backup purposes. If you keep your registration number (I write mine on the backup disk) you can re-install the game after a disk crash or onto a new machine when you replace your computer. If you can live without a printed manual downloading is great - I for one will do without the skimpy manuals printed nowadays to save ten bucks.
12-13-2006, 07:41 AM,
The WitP CD version does not come with a printed manual, I don't even think it had a reference sheet, IIRC. The only manual is the pdf one included in the game.

Be aware with the WitP manual, though, that after many updates, a lot of things work slightly differently than the manual describes. And there are some things that are possible, that the manual doesn't even include because they were added afterward. The patch readmes talk about some the changes, and the Matrix forums have a decent amount of information, if you read the "fan-boy" (Allied and Japanese) posts with a grain of salt.