• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H test report advice...
12-09-2006, 07:40 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  H2H test report advice...
Hello all,

Whether you are playing a H2H test scenario from me or someone else, I just want to give you all some advice when you submit your test report:

1) Please make it clear which side you were playing.

2) If you are suggesting that the VP levels are not correct then PLEASE at least tell the scenario designer what your VP level was and the amount of points you had as well. Otherwise, it is like just saying "the scenario is broken."

3) If you observe something you dislike or do not agree with then you should always provide a solution.

That should be it. I appreciate the effort spent on testing the scenairos and I am by no means complaining. So far the test reports have been good with a few excepetions on small portions of the report. The intent here is that if you spent lots of time testing a scenario then it only makes sense to spend a few more minutes and making a more concise and helpful test report, lest it be a waste of time. Thanks!
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2006, 07:47 AM,
RE: H2H test report advice...
Hmm... I suppose the scenario designer could indeed look up one of the player's involved in testing the scenario and check to see what the victory level and side played was *if* they reported the game on the ladder. But the problem is that everyone may not report these and it is indeed a hassle to do this just to hunt down the info.
Send this user an email
12-09-2006, 08:49 AM,
I must also add that I have been getting detailed reports through direct emails from some H2H testers and these have greatly helped.

Foul has brought it to my attention that my email address was incorrect over the past couple of weeks (I forgot to change it on this forum when I got a new one) so any H2H report sent to me in that time is lost. If you can resend to me at my new address ([email protected])then I would be greatful. I appologize for the mixup.
Send this user an email
12-09-2006, 09:37 AM,
I would just like to clarify some points, test games are never reported on the normal ladder, once a test report is sent in Bootie will allocate the ladder points for that test, only H2H scenarios from the approved list can be reported as you would a stock game.

When you finish a test you must fill in the scores on the test form and submit it even if you intend sending your comments in a separate email, this is so the balance scores show on the scenario page.

I agree with Volcano, a separate message with more info and even the last game file would be very useful to the designer.

Any questions...........just ask :)
12-10-2006, 05:53 AM,
Also, I will start placing the notes document in each H2H test scenario zip file so that you know exactly which optional rules to use if you are unfamiliar with the ALT scenarios. I won't do this with the tests in progress though as I don't want to screw anything up there. :)
Send this user an email