• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How do you best use Partisans in PZC?
12-08-2006, 12:51 AM,
How do you best use Partisans in PZC?
Hi!

Im new here so forgive me if this question have been asked before. For some reason i'm not allowed to use the search function, so i have to ask directly: How do you best use Partisan units in PZC? I wanted to blow some rails behind enemy lines with them, but got a message that said 'No valid units have been selected to damage rails'...
So... Am I doing it wrong or isnt partisans capable of blowing up rails in PZC? If thats the case - why?

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2006, 01:50 AM,
RE: How do you best use Partisans in PZC?
Hi,

You need to read a couple sections in the manual. "Partisans" and "Deception Units":

Partisans:
Partisan units represent unconventional military forces with limited abilities. They are mainly used to harass enemy forces behind the main line, causing delay and confusion. Partisan units do not have a Zone-of-Control and except for the hex they occupy and possible deception effects (see below), do not interfere with the movement of enemy forces. They cannot be used to spot for indirect fire or air strikes. They are never considered Detached or suffer Low Ammo.

Partisan units cannot be used to damage rail lines since the damage represented by hex rail damage in the game is extensive, requiring repairs beyond the scope of any one scenario. The limited damage achieved by Partisan units can easily be repaired and thus Partisan units in the game only block rail movement when they actually occupy the rail hex. Partisan units cause the same movement and bridge destruction disruption as Deception Units without having to be deployed or being subject to detection.

So that explains the partisans and rail issue. I'll leave to you to look up the deception effects....

I think a really effective way to use partisans is to have them work in groups of 2 or 3 separated by several hexes, blocking rail, near roads etc. Then, once one is discovered, reploy its, as a deception unit, to one of its partners so that it can escape and and reform immediately.

Fury

12-08-2006, 10:59 PM,
RE: How do you best use Partisans in PZC?
I must admit that I dont read the manual as much as I should, especially as new games comes with new functions. Will take your advice and refresh my knowledge.

Now, if I only could find the disc with MS Word... :P

Thanks for your help, Fury!