• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Air Drop supply
12-07-2006, 04:04 AM,
Air Drop supply
Ok big gripe

I am playing the We will come out scn K44 , excellent scn

But the explicit supply version is flawed , simply the axis have no supply available . You get three wagons a day for about 10 or so divisions who eat it like mad an attacking panzer division needs 1 1/2 trucks a day and the axis are attacking with 6 . Ok if I play without explicit supply at least my units come into supply and maybe the axis with too much supply maybe a bad thing .

The point is in fact there is a fair amount of airdrop supply BUT I can call in air strikes to 1 km hex accuracy ( to be honest 18 HE111 could never do this all these level bombers should be defined as carpet types ) but the airdrop hexes are way behind the Russian lines and can never change but I can manage to give them two hour slot to arrive that's not fixed !

I feel that players should have air drop supply to deploy , I each day I think the Army could tell the air approximately where they want it . Inside the pocket there was an airfield , I think it would be far better to have the supply arrive loaded on wagons ( so it can move It was loaded on wagons I have read the excellent Nash book there as all the supply wants to land outside the pocket that would also justify the 500 vp victory hex , the guys I the pockets can not really attack for risk of losing this hex which I assume is the airfield ( and supply place ) but as the supply is not dependant on the airfield it only matters for isolation and to be honest in a scn like this that should not be the case either.

It would be better ( under the no choice of hex system ) to add many more arriving supply units that the axis can choose to land or not so that as he progresses or not at least the airdrop supply is properly simulated

As it stand this wonderful scn is ruined by this . I could make a revision of coarse and fix these things in the game allows but I have spent over 1 month or more getting to turn 46 to realise this is a bit depressing

Michael
Quote this message in a reply