• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

So what else ya playing?
01-03-2007, 07:18 AM,
RE: So what else ya playing?
I have just bought "Birth of America" and like it very much. Hoped it would be supported by The Blitz.

Private Bombadil
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2007, 07:38 AM,
Basically any game, within reason, can be supported if we can determine a fair scoring and results system, and if there is a call for it.

However, I think expanding to newer titles is going to be mandatory if the Blitz is to survive long time.

What is birth of America, is that something like the Nations game?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-03-2007, 07:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2007, 07:53 AM by Fubar.)
Already posted about BOA.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=38209

I play CoH just for fun against friends, trouble is that it's an RTS so no PBEM which will make playing across time zones a right pain in the 'arris. Cry

I can't wait till DoW2 comes out as thats going to use the CoH engine. Eek

cheers
01-03-2007, 08:26 AM,
what is DoW2?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-03-2007, 08:40 AM,
DoW2 is the sequel to Dawn Of War...

http://www.dawnofwargame.com/

The best RTS game available for WH40K nuts like me, my sigs are a link to a DoW skinning site, give 'em a click. ;)

CoH is made by the same company.

cheers
01-04-2007, 12:04 AM,
I've been playing SASL (Solitaire ASL) and RTW (as Egypt). I think the next go around with RTW I'll go back to using one of the Roman Factions (my daughter likes when I loose the War Dogs on the Gauls Big Grin )

I am also playing a little Squad Battles (Eagles Strike) when I can work it in.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to play my 2 favorite games much, WinSPWW2/WinSPMBT but I have been working on designing a new multi-player user campaign format using them.
01-04-2007, 01:28 AM,
DoubleDeuce Wrote:.....and RTW (as Egypt). I think the next go around with RTW I'll go back to using one of the Roman Factions (my daughter likes when I loose the War Dogs on the Gauls Big Grin )

Have you played the Rome Total Realism mod, awsome stuff. It even has a new musical score made by a proper composer, so i'm told, if you haven't played it give it a try and you'll never go back to vanilla RTW.

cheers
01-04-2007, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2007, 01:38 AM by DoubleDeuce.)
Fubar Wrote:Have you played the Rome Total Realism mod, awsome stuff. It even has a new musical score made by a proper composer, so i'm told, if you haven't played it give it a try and you'll never go back to vanilla RTW.
I haven't had a chance to look into too many of the numerous mods out there. I'll have to check that one out.
01-04-2007, 01:51 AM,
Civ III mostly. A little Medieval: Total War when the CIv gets into a funk on me and I have to play eaxh turn 7 or 8 times to get one where the Computer isn't 'adjusting' the combat results table.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
01-04-2007, 02:12 AM,
I have Medieval 2 in the shelf, hope to have time to install it but now Chris is pressuring for some turns of SP :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]