• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM Visibility Issue
12-04-2006, 01:17 AM,
PBEM Visibility Issue
Hey guys,

A word of warning here regarding PBEM games and which side starts it up. This is a follow up to Liebchen's thread on unequal starting visibility that showed up in the Red Star Tourney scenario Try Try again. Glenn and I have looked at this and found an issue here.

If you start up a new PBEM match having the side 2 for the scenario start it, this is allowed and immediately prompts for a save of the game, password etc and then the turn is sent over to your opponent. However, we have found an issue with the visibility where starting the scenario as side 2 results in the visiblity potentially changing drastically on turn 1 when the scenario is started this way, resulting in a big difference from when side 1 starts it, as the vis won't change in that case.

So unless you want this variability with potentially wide differences, don't start up a PBEM match as side 2.

Gary, I would strongly recommend dropping the rule from the last match where one player started both sides of the mirrored match for all future tourney games.

Happy Gaming.
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2006, 03:42 AM,
RE: PBEM Visibility Issue
Thanks Rick I'll do that.

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply