• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Which game for Christmas?
12-03-2006, 12:04 PM,
Which game for Christmas?
Gents,

I have Tobruk and N44 and am disputing between which one of 3 games I should ask for:whis: Market garden, bulge44 or the new series...The first blitzcrieg? Suggestions...

Thanks,

Steve.
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2006, 01:38 PM,
RE: Which game for Christmas?
Nothing like Moscow or Stalingrad during Christmas. Kind of makes me wish it were snowy outside. I'll pass on the horsemeat, though.

Bulge is a good Christmastime game, too.
12-03-2006, 01:46 PM,
I would recomend a nice East Front title for the winter months K44 M41 R42 S42
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
12-03-2006, 04:24 PM,
Of the ones you list, bulge is by far the best in my book. Once it gets pached you'll be able to play the modified campaign with German company level breakdown and not die from fatigue right away.

Cheers,
Fury
12-03-2006, 06:26 PM,
Why not ask whomever your Santa is for DTR: Defending The Reich?:whis: It's a very good game: easy to learn, has sound AI (as far as I've seen so far) & is a totally different experience than the PzC/MC series.

I treated myself to Minsk '44 (ordered it from NWS on Wednesday so I hope that it gets here soon: heard a lot of good stuff about it).

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells. Santa smells..." :grin2:
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM,
Jazman Wrote:Nothing like Moscow or Stalingrad during Christmas. Kind of makes me wish it were snowy outside. I'll pass on the horsemeat, though.

Bulge is a good Christmastime game, too.

These get my vote, but make sure you turn up the sound if there is a storm, very atmospheric.
12-04-2006, 06:05 AM,
Hi

From your list I would definately go for Bulge '44 , but as has already said by others - Moscow and Stalingrad are superb games with huge scope.

Happy Xmas gaming which ever way you go with it

cheers

Chris