• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Traffic Jams
12-03-2006, 06:08 AM,
Traffic Jams
[Image: 1fby49.jpg]

Man I hate traffic jams in CM. I do everything Ive read before... ie. watch the delay time etc etc... but it still doesnt work. You would think the AI would have some semblance of how to keep a tank a certain distance behind another tank and to move down the road at the pre-arranged distance between them... a 'convoy' command would have been sweet too. Something along the lines of you plot the move with one tank and order all the others to follow... shouldnt be too hard as you can order infantry to follow tanks.

Bootie
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2006, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2006, 07:50 AM by Soldier.)
RE: Traffic Jams
I like to use the available roads as much as possible, with my vehicles. Discovered long ago, that the roads are wide enough for two vehicles side by side.
Therefore I setup two lines,columns of vehicles on the same road, etc.
Next turn, (order turn) I set a ten to twenty seconds time delay, for each and every vehicle from the second in line, to the very last. This time delay is necessary for the extra time each vehicle spends "in place" while making the turns in the road, etc..
This minimizes the traffic jams greatly. In extreme cases, a thirty second time delays can not be used. Wiping out the traffic jams almost completely.. :-)
12-03-2006, 10:10 PM,
Great photograph Bootie,
Any info about it?
12-04-2006, 11:28 AM,
[img][Image: bootie.jpg][/img]

:);)
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2006, 01:16 PM by Soldier.)
Shoot Boys.. that looks more like the parking lot at the Army Surplus store, one day before Christmas.
With me standing in the middle of the picture, contemplating which used vehicle to buy.
Looking for one with the least number of scratches on it.. :-)