• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mirror match disparities
12-02-2006, 08:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2006, 08:20 AM by Liebchen.)
RE: Mirror match disparities
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2006, 08:41 AM,
There are two ways to pick the weather to be used in a scenario, but both are based on probability. The first, is where the scenario designer sets the starting ground and visibility conditions, and whether a storm is raging, along with the range of ground and visibility to be used for the entire scenario. Then the weather will vary within the ranges set by the scenario designer.

The second is if there is a weather.dat file and the programmed weather option is chosen. The weather.dat file then has the ground and vis range for each day or series of days that are used, allowing the weather chances to fall into different ranges on specific days so that it can follow a varying pattern depending on what the actual weather or scenario designer wants it to fall into, with as narrow or wide a range of conditions as possible.

For the Red Star Tourney, the rules said to set it up with the programmed weather. Now last night I replicated the issue with the visibility jumping to 5 during turn 1 in some cases - I need to run another test for Glenn tonight to check something I thought of this morning, but I believe there is a problem here related to the second player starting the scenario and sending it to player 1, as happened in our game.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-02-2006, 01:51 PM,
Good to know. Thanks for looking into this question, Rick. I'd love to hear more, when you, Glenn, or anyone else knows more.