• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A fire test
11-29-2006, 01:46 PM,
A fire test
I set up a test, with identical firing units firing over clear terrain, at targets, identical as type, but not organization as defined in the oob. 30 cracks at each. Did not use optional fire results. 25 hard attack factor 15 sp tank cos firing at 14 defense factor tank units.

6 target organazation levels: Combined company (15 tanks, 3 plts), platoon divided from such a company (5 tanks); Combined batalion (51 tanks, 3 cos), Company divided from such a Bn (17 tanks); Independent Company (17 tanks), Independent Batalion (51 tanks).

Results indicate that the parent organization must be Batalion or higher to get the combined morale benifit. Independent cos suffer more morale effects than independent bns.

Interestingly enough, the target that suffered the least losses was the Independent Batalion.
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2006, 04:23 PM,
RE: A fire test
FM WarB Wrote:Interestingly enough, the target that suffered the least losses was the Independent Batalion.

I'd call that part coincidently as there is nothing special about Independent Btln units but you might find some rounding differences over a longer term if you are comparing a Btln of Men vs a Btln of GUn or Vehicles because the game defines 1 Gun\tank as = to 10 men and I don't know how far the significant figures go before they are rounded.

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-30-2006, 05:09 AM,
furhter testing
Further testing got hit results for the big independent batalion similar to other target types. It is possible for certain units to get lucky over extended periods of time, if you dont use optional (averaging) fire results.
Three companies combined from same brigade got the lesser fatigue benefit. Any seperate unit of any strength which was designated a batalion in the oob (no matter what it was named) got the benefit. If a batalion in the oob was made up of platoons it did not get the benefit. Only units designated as company or below in the oob may combine.
I'm sure you know this, Glen, but others reading this may find food for thought :)
11-30-2006, 07:04 AM,
RE: furhter testing
FM WarB Wrote:I'm sure you know this, Glen, but others reading this may find food for thought :)

Ya - I know where your comming from. After as many years working directly with John Tiller, I also have a sense for how the program works under the hood - what things John wil do to add chrome and what things he won't do for various reasons.

Glenn
Send this user an email