• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forfeit Game Rule
11-30-2006, 12:44 PM,
RE: Forfeit Game Rule
Marquo,

Remind me to keep point 6 in mind should we ever cross paths on the electronic battlefield my shrewd minyan.

Tobias
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2006, 09:39 AM,
RE: Forfeit Game Rule
The club rules exist for good reasons. One week is easy to be AWOL. I am usually out of pocket during my company's book close cycle as I play a key role in that process each month. I warn my opponent that I may become very slow or just gone the first five working days each month, as a courtesy.

Now ROE #9 is talking to the disappearance of a player. The three week rule is to allow a long enough time for a player to recover from some event that knocks the player off line. I think it is the right amount of time to go without hearing from someone before posting a forfeit. Most players check up on each other after a week's time anyway as a rule of thumb when not hearing from an opponent. As another member mentioned, upstream from here, one would feel very sheepish to find out and absence was due to a child's illness or a parent passing away...etc. It is only a game.

Feel free to post on the MB that you are looking for so and so. Some other members may know the player better than you and respond with what they know. A chronic AWOL player will be known by his reputation from the "looking for" posts and will soon have to move on as there will be no takers of games for them.

Now if you have a player who disappears for 2.9 weeks and then contacts you, plays a turn or two and then disappears for another three week period without a giving you the courtesy of a good reason, where you suspect abuse, contact me and explain the situation. As a ladder custodian I can step in and see if there is an abuse of the rules and take the necessary action. So far, this has not happened in the last year or two that I have been a ladder custodian on the HPS ladder.

All in all, we have a great membership that understands it is childish to vanish on a game.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply