• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Attention All CM'ers.
11-27-2006, 11:25 AM,
RE: Attention All CM'ers.
ATCS you have no worries there. Despite its sometimes heated personal duels the Blitz is ticking along quite nicely. Over the years Ive seen the forums slow to a crawl bfore rising like a Phoenix. It happens. Its all peaks and troughs.

I do feel that the site can be improved... not by moderators resigning and people getting banned but by attracting new people here with the friendly atmosphere intact once again and perhaps a server upgrade and some site overhaul.

The probem we have at present is that their are many in the background willing to help but no one except Raz with the relevant knowledge of computer programming to actually do the jobs... and believe me it is a job... Im sure we have burnt Raz out over the last 6 months... he personally programmed the new scoring system, the new MB and the new H2H section not to mention all the daily tasks that need done.

Im sure a lot of members feel the same as you.... they see themselves playing long term... all the more reason for everyone to get involed and help foster a community spirit and provide input into the future of the Blitz.

Bootie
11-27-2006, 11:28 AM,
RE:��Attention All CM'ers.
RedDevil Wrote:I will also mention that, however anyone may find distasteful or demeaning of my position, Geordie will not find himself here any longer.

I find that his presence is not supportive or beneficial to the betterment of this club and he has repeatidly crossed the line of MB rules time and time again.
Therefore the progressive accumulations of his actions, he has become a past icon of what not to do in these forums.
I am naturally distressed at this decision, as I like Geordie and do not find him to be as disruptive as some others.

I think that all Geordie needs is, well, moderation.

I hope that you will reconsider your position on this point. To see Geordies playing record here reduced to the same status as people like 101 Paratrooper and Andrea Leandoer is, I think, undeserved.

If your decision is still to ban Geordie and that is backed by club management, then surely his record can be left intact without resorting to this "shadow player" status, as if he had never played here nor been ladder leader for so long.
11-27-2006, 11:29 AM,
RE:�� Attention All CM'ers.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-27-2006, 11:32 AM,
It is a great shame to see the CM section of the Blitz get to this state.
Pity Georgie kept baiting the mods and now he's banned maybe the dust will again settle and we can get back to normal.
I have sat on the sidelines like many here and not said anything but instead just shook my head at some of the posts I've read. It should never of come to this but it did alas.
Randy, don't raise to the baiting. Resigning is just what 'they' wanted. Stick with being a mod here and I'm sure others will support you.

And thanks for a clear and honest posting Bootie.

Now I will go back to the sidelines :)
11-27-2006, 11:35 AM,
McIvan Wrote:I think that all Geordie needs is, well, moderation.

I guess thats exactly what Geordie rebelled against. Any moderation would result in him foaming at the mouth echoing cries of Junta and Dictators fading into the distance as he got dragged away.

As this banning matter has nothing to do with me and Ive said how I feel about the incident Im now going to go of to bed to have a nice cup of coco.

I just hope through the small hours of the morning discussion on this thread and forum is kept civil and mature and certain issues get resolved.

Bootie
11-27-2006, 11:40 AM,
Well, I'm not allowed to resign.

I have the support of the site commander in regards to geordies removal.

He has continued to violate club policies, even after numerous warnings and a previous temporary ban on his account.

Please register your griefs with the club commander.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-27-2006, 11:53 AM,
Moderation is a damn difficult job, Bootie, which you will know much better than I. But I am not without some experience and I consider that nearly all difficult posters can be moderated sucessfully. Not all, but nearly all. I have seen so many far far far worse in, for example, massive multiplayer online strat games, and the kind of character assassination you get in diplomacy related games, than anyone who has ever posted here, which is maybe why I am inclined to tolerance. It does take a certain kind of personality, often akin to mediator types, and it is near to impossible if you have a personal history with the poster concerned....in that situation it is generally wise to hand it off to another moderator (assuming the board is blessed enough to have more than one).

All the above is pretty easy to write and not half so easy to actually do. So, I will put my money where my mouth is and volunteer my time as a moderator of this specific board, if that is of any interest, as an alternative to banning Geordie. I am hopeful that I could mediate/moderate an acceptable course in any future post conflicts.
11-27-2006, 11:58 AM,
Geordie used more than his fair share of free passes while a member of this Club. His banning is the natural order of things, and within Club rules. He exhausted his coaching sessions, his verbal warnings, and even his temporary suspension period. The last option open to the Club when it has a recalcitrant member is permanent banning. His records will not be magicked away, they will stay forever in the database, even if he is gone from the ladder.

As some have commented, this board has always striven to be a bit more mature and a bit more civilized than what passes for forums elsewhere. We do not begrudge other websites their wild west approach, long may the freedom of choice prevail. But here at the Blitz we cater to a niche group, a group of serious, civilized, gamers. And to insure that, we moderate our boards. It is what the owners have always asked us to do, it is what we will do until that policy changes, and we respect the rights of others to not like it. They are free to go elsewhere and complain about it, they just can't do it here.

Red Devil's resignation was carefully considered and rejected some 15 seconds after receipt. He has the full and unswerving support of myself, and the owners, and will stay on as CM Custodian even after he no longer wants the job ;)

Good Gaming All;

Steel God
11-27-2006, 01:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM by McIvan.)
11-27-2006, 02:33 PM,