CMBB Battle Questions
11-27-2006, 09:27 AM,
RE: CMBB Battle Questions
...Huge Battle...
ours is a Beast...my Gott! beeen playing almost a year now...lol
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2006, 09:37 AM,
I guess I'll be the first one to explain why I hate night battles then.. :-)
First and foremost, my map is very dark. Difficult to see anything, especially the different terrain types, etc..
And that is with my brightness, contrast set on the extreme high. In the game and on my monitor both.

The second reason is the fact that one's support weapons, especially the heavies, loose their effectiveness to such a high degree, that they might as well not take part in the first place. It is extremely easy for an enemy Inf to sneak up on a tank and destroy it at night. In return that tank can't use it's most potent weapons it has, mobility and long range fire power..

Snow scenarios is a altogether different matter. I love those..
The special effects are the best. Snow falling and the winds howling, what better to impress a Floridian.. :-)
11-27-2006, 10:06 AM,
I don't object to night as such, but its a real irritation when you use random time/weather and night comes up....or something similar such as heavy fog. The problem is that you can't choose your force selection ot match. The solution is to agree on weather beforehand....if you both agree night then you can both tailor forces accordingly.

The disadvantage to the attacker in losing flexible artillery & heavy weapons support can be outweighed by being able to advance over most of the map unimpeded by defensive fire.

As for heavy snow, I suspect people don't like it becuase (a) it invreases bogging, everyone's pet hate, and (b) it makes the infantry really really slow. You need to add time to the game, and it can all get a bit tedious.

People also tend to avoid gentle or no slopes/light or no cover, as the Germans can sit back with Tigers or whatever and kill Russian tanks that have no chance of hurting them. Russians can do the same with early campaign KVs. Cover gives infantry a chance and outmatched tanks something to hide behind.

Heavy cover....not sure why people wouldn't like that....maybe becuase it tends to restrict their armour too much, also because it might be seen as giving too much advantage to Russian SMG squads.

Personally I'm for any combination of conditions, but you do have to agree them first.
11-27-2006, 11:22 AM,
One of my favorite scenarios I've played is a heavy cover, infantry-only battle, Chekovnya Woods. Very intense action. The deep snow/heavy mud thing gets to be a drag due to bogging and tiring of units, like McIvan stated. I would think that if you have a battle that involves either weather state, you could agree to lengthen the turns to accomodate slower movement.
11-27-2006, 11:42 AM,
Snow falling and the winds howling, what better to impress a Floridian.. :-)

Now if CM had surfboards, DisneyLand and beaches full of semi-clad women I would understabd but if I want howling wind and gails I just step outside :(
11-27-2006, 12:03 PM,
cheers
Thanks for all to send reply...
myself,i think the more you push,the more you will win...
OMG... i'm sounding like POS...;)
LOL

GoM
11-27-2006, 12:20 PM,
(POS is, for those mystified, a reference to a player known as Poor Old Spike, who is extremely agressive in his pushes to the flag first).
11-27-2006, 12:28 PM,
...Thanks McIvan...
so sorry to all if POS was a wonder...
i thought everyone knew POS...
cheers
he is a most interesting opponet
:whis:
Watch out...lol

GoM
11-27-2006, 12:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2006, 01:28 PM by McIvan.)
He's not actually a Blitz member, GoM :)
11-27-2006, 06:45 PM,
RE:��CMBB Battle Questions
Bootie(FGM) Wrote:Blleuurggh....

Im playing this at the minute as the Allies and getting my ass handed to me... I dont know what it is but in these huge battles I tend to get lost.... lose track of what my initial plans were and end up running round lik a headless chicken while my men get shot out from under me.

Bootie

I also am Allies, and like you say you can lose think's very easily, I think you have to make a good plan with 2/3 idea's going at the same time, my plan is to confuse the other guy as much as possible, whether it works, we will have to wait and see.....Also we are going to mirror this when we finish...So who's a gluton for punishment...LOL

Age is wisdom