• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Maps, maps & maps
11-30-2006, 07:05 AM,
Maps, maps & maps
Ok.... Im trying to set up a map resource here at the Blitz. Basically a holding area where you can download a map for CM. However I need maps so would appreciate if you hve made any maps to send them over to me and I will upload them to the Blitz.

the reason for this is basically a good map makes a good game in my opinion. The Random Map Generator in CM has some strange ideas regarding town design etc.... roads that go no where.... walls in the middle of fields miles from civilization.... you know the usual kind of nonsense... no bridges or rivers blah e blah.

So if we had a whole load of maps we could choose one have a look at it... then agree to use it with an opponent who has also looked at.

Then you can get OOB that suit the terrain and maybe make for a more excitin game.

What do you guys think..?

Bootie

Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2006, 07:16 AM,
RE: Maps, maps & maps

Hi,

This sounds good. I agree with you about the computer's strange conception of our environment.
I think this could be great if the map's menu offer those possibilities :

- a quick preview of the map without having to load it, but althought i know nothing with internet's site development, i really think it may be difficult to develop an option as this one !
- an evaluation of the map by those who already used it (comments, score or anything like that).

Cheers.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
11-30-2006, 08:35 AM,
Yes - great idea - I think computer maps are so boring....
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-30-2006, 08:37 AM,
I was thinking of just setting them into a folder in the FTP section rather than having to design a new webapge section of thesite... much easier I think... then people can just go and download them and save them into their QB maps folder and look at them in their own free time.

Bootie
11-30-2006, 09:15 AM,
Bootie,
With these maps you want sent in, do you also want set up zones included or just the bare map?:chin: