• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Time scale: Jena-Auerstaedt
11-21-2006, 11:47 PM,
Time scale: Jena-Auerstaedt
Is anyone in the know aware of why HPS changed the time scale per turn for Jena-Auerstaedt to 10 minutes from 15 minutes.

Just curious.

Thanks,

BELISARIUS
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2006, 03:56 PM,
RE: Time scale: Jena-Auerstaedt
Not sure, but they also changed cavalry from squadrons to platoons... something silly about the size of the map versus recon but it sounds like wag the dog to me.

I saw nothing wrong with squadrons and it is kind of silly and messy to stack them all for charge, not to mention just plain odd to break for the norms that are established in the other four Napoleonic titles. I hope these changes are short lived.
Send this user an email
12-10-2006, 04:20 AM,
"HPS" didn't make the changes, Bill Peters the scenario designer did. And while they may be the same to the public, there's a big difference in reality. Not sharing my personal opinion one way or the other, just clarifying the reality of the situation. :cool:

With that said, neither the OOB's nor the PDT files are locked in the Napoleonic titles, so it would be possible to create alternative - more standard - versions of the files for this game if someone was inclined to do so.
12-10-2006, 05:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2006, 05:50 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
12-10-2006, 05:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2006, 05:54 AM by rahamy.)
Good question...and one he'd have to answer. The other titles in the series by other designers won't be following that path, but any future titles by Bill most likely will. He doesn't read this forum much that I am aware of, but does read the NWC main forum, so you might want to consider posting your thoughts there, or over at the Napoleonic section at Xtreme-Gamer.

BTW - missed being able to meet you at IITSEC this last week. I was right next to the Steel Beasts booth working for John & Scott Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully you can make Tiller Con II next year though!

Rich
12-10-2006, 06:50 AM,
Yes, IITSEC did not occur at the best of times for me this year, I had too many things going on.

I hope to be at Tiller Con and there is always the next IITSEC. ;)
Send this user an email
12-22-2006, 05:06 AM,
Cav in Jena-Auerstaedt
If Cav isnt in Regiments, but in squadrons, I may have just been persuaded to buy the game. I'm someone who Has typed up an oob to make just such a change in the Waterloo game. Is there a Jena Auerstadt oob out there that I can look at?