• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

mod questions
11-17-2006, 03:40 PM,
c_Question Mark  mod questions
Hello gamers,

just a question, on the Feldzugschmiede wargaming site..there are many mods for both ef11 and wf..

they pertain, ships,trains, newer terrain features with buildings,bunkers,and fortifications, and what looks like tanks with troops on them.

also sound mods for both games

just wondering if anyone has seen these and tried them..they are quite big in file size, and i dont want to mess up my existing games

thks

larry
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2006, 08:12 AM,
RE: mod questions
If you are worried, best thing is what I do, install another copy of the EF2 or WF, and mod that. Sound files won't mess up existing games, nor would most graphics mods, unless they are linked to edits in a new oob. I'll go check out these mods!!

Mike
11-18-2006, 01:24 PM,
I have a mod question while I'm thinking about it. I like to dabble in fixing unbalanced scenarios, but I notice that many East Front scens will not allow me to do this - I get a "file error" when I press the edit scenario button. I have EF II, FotR, and the Project Blitzkeig scenario disk.

My question is - if I were to install plain old East Front (pre EF II) would that allow me to start modding these old scens? I seem to recall asking Jason Petho this once but I can't find the post.

Thanks in advance. :)
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
11-18-2006, 01:28 PM,
I'm guessing they are "Readonly" in their properties. Try right-clicking on the scenario files, then properties, uncheck readonly, and change to archive. Without seeing one of your scen files that you know does this, it's just a guess thoughBig Grin.

Mike
11-19-2006, 09:28 AM,
Thanks for the tip warhorse, I'll give that a shot.

Sun Tzu
11-20-2006, 06:22 AM,
11-22-2006, 11:17 AM,
Majog, thank you so much for the info and especially the warnings - I don't speak a word of german. I am highly interested in installing these mods.

Warhorse, I checked several map/oob/scen files for EF II, and sadly, they are already checked "archive" not "read only." I went back and tried to mod an original EF scen and...no dice.

I'm guessing at this point I'm gonna have to find on old copy of East Front on ebay and install it. Maybe that will unlock these game files.

Sun Tzu
11-22-2006, 11:58 AM,
Hi Majog, I also downloaded the mod and looked through the files. I was most interested in the Mp*.bmp's for the vehicle riders, but they weren't there. Could you tell me which file should I download to get these files.

all the best,

Charles
11-22-2006, 05:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2006, 05:56 PM by John Given.)

Sun Tzu
11-22-2006, 09:11 PM,
I will try to do that. I also have the delelopers email and will see if he can zip and send me those file. Be patient though as I am slammed at work right now.

j